Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like new Loomis GLX BCR853 (7'1" 3 power) Extra Fast 12-16lb 3/16-5/8oz 9+Tip Jig&Worm Retail is $385.00

BCR853 GLX, Line Weight: 12-16 lbs. Extra Fast Action. This rod offers a well balanced package for worms and jigs especially in deeper water. A great rod for medium sized baits.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/G_Loomis_GLX_Jig__Worm_Series_Casting_Rods/descpage-GLJWC.html
Anglers using the G.Loomis technique specific bass rods have been so successful on the water and so happy with the product that Loomis decided to bring out an entire series of technique specific rods designed just for bass anglers. This lineup of Worm and Jig rods is built with GLX graphite, arguably the lightest and most responsive graphite ever made. Used exclusively in Loomis rods, GLX graphite is a closely guarded secret that produces the best rods in the world. GLX graphite enables you to feel everything your bait touches and allows you to distinguish sand, gravel, rock, mud, and sticks from fish; when a bass inhales your worm, you'll know it. To make the G. Loomis Bass rods even lighter and more responsive REC Recoil titanium guides were used. These guides, made with 100% titanium, do not have a ceramic insert to crack or chip and will snap back to their original position even after being jammed in the rod locker. The rods were designed with the fast tapers that today's bass anglers demand, which will enable you to cast farther and more accurately and allow you to flick accurate casts on low trajectories to get under trees and docks more easily.

$250 picked up for this sweet stick. It is a ranger edition rod so the only difference is a little ranger decal in front of the normal decal. It is like new with a tad bit of cork discoloration but I can clean that up. Let me know if anyone wants pics

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: G. Loomis GLX 853 for sale

Thanks guys! For sure a nice rod for tubes, jigs, and senkos.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

How many rods do you have it seems about once a week you have a new one for sale.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Trout said:
How many rods do you have it seems about once a week you have a new one for sale.
A few lol
Nothing like fish63's 84 or something.
I have 12ish I fish with regularly... Never counted all of them including the ones I don't use. If I don't have a pattern at a lake I normally pack 12-14 ready to go. Recently I have been taking 8 or so on the lake.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

I guess I do that to some extent ice fishing. I can't seem to stop buying those little bastards ;D but the nice thing is the price difference compared to what you spend. Average ice rod for me $15 bucks on sale, Yours what $200-$400 per rod ouch

·
Registered
7,407 Posts

Trout said:
I guess I do that to some extent ice fishing. I can't seem to stop buying those little bastards ;D but the nice thing is the price difference compared to what you spend. Average ice rod for me $15 bucks on sale, Yours what $200-$400 per rod ouch
Kurts selling all his open water gear to focus more on ice fishing. Can't you tell?

·
Registered
917 Posts

Trout said:
Its what happens when daddys rich, A Boon ;)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

MuskieMan said:
Trout said:
lol Jealously turn to hate :D :D Dad's not rich far from it. I have bought all my own equipment.
Andrew dropped another custom off today. A 7'6" MHX crankbait MH rod. Came in at 3.2 ounces but might be a little light action wise but I need to fish it first.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

Boondock said:
MuskieMan said:
Trout said:
lol Jealously turn to hate :D :D Dad's not rich far from it. I have bought all my own equipment.
Andrew dropped another custom off today. A 7'6" MHX crankbait MH rod. Came in at 3.2 ounces but might be a little light action wise but I need to fish it first.
Hurry and sell this thing, I've only got 10 more rods to build before I can get to another one for you.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

Boondock said:
MuskieMan said:
Trout said:
Im sure you bought all your equipment yourself but did you earn the money you needed to buy the stuff or just allowance. :D j/k

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Oyey said:
Wow... Boon taking a beating over selling a rod...
Wouldn't expect anything less doobs.
Not many people on this site are willing to spend 200+ on a casting rod IMO. Just thought I might be able to sell it local bs shipping it. Don't like shopping rods.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts

:D :D

Funny thread.

Boon has a black market of rods at his house. Definitely let him know you are coming before going over there because he's a dealer and will cap you. This is him on the right.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts

Rivrunnr1 said:
:D :D

Funny thread.

Boon has a black market of rods at his house. Definitely let him know you are coming before going over there because he's a dealer and will cap you. This is him on the right.

Sure that picture isn't from this past weekend when a certain drowning man was there?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

I got one of these rods when I bought my boat. Awesome rod, Boon you gotta have one hell of a replacement to be parting with this.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

FishLip said:
I got one of these rods when I bought my boat. Awesome rod, Boon you gotta have one hell of a replacement to be parting with this.
He does! A Phenix 700MH that weighs 2.84oz.....

·
Registered
6,422 Posts

Slimer said:
Koldkut said:
FishLip said:
He does! A Phenix 700MH that weighs 2.84oz.....
You say that like you made it or something.

Wait!
So what if I made it, GLX is considered to be "THE STANDARD" and that rod, components and all, not just the blank, is superior to the GLX.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts