Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up Georgetown with my daughters, my bro-in law and his 2 kids. First time ice fishing there. We headed out from the 2nd parking area (the one closest to the dam) about halfway across the ice. A few other groups out around there, as well as a lot of others in the inlet area. Everywhere we drilled in that area was only about 6-8 feet, don't know where any deeper water is out there. We decided we better get the kids fishing or we would have hell to pay, so we stayed and dropped lines. Not much action for us today. We were there 11-3. Only had 4 fish brought to the ice, all bows, a couple I would estimate at 14". Had a few others on during the day but the kids lost them. It was really windy there (as usual I guess). All fish were on small jigs of various colors, and all had a piece of worm for bait.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Actually a really cool report. I've never iced there, but yeah I understand it's windy as well. I'm thinkin readin the other reports your 14'ers were as good as it gets there. Good on you for gettin out today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts