Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
met 73fisherman again at homedeopt, departed and headed to the g spot. got there before light and got set up in the normal spot. had one on a glow jig (still dark out) light was about 7.02am

didnt get much more action there so we moved to deeper water. worked out well, must of been a school coming through as i had both rods goin and got a double and 73's gettin one outa the hole at the same time, then it was just like yesterday, i couldnt even get it to the bottom and it was gettin slammed....

all but one of my 12 fish cought today were on the natural color shrimpo. and the rainbows are actually decent size vs the last time of gettin them at 8-10. they were about 12s this time

i think 73 had more misseed bites than i did trout, some of his pics...... (note to otto- dont buy the spring type indicators) lol

i only totalled 12 fish today and lost plenty more than came unbuttoned, not sure how many 73 got but he was right up there with me.....

happy holidays to everyone and be safe out there on the ice, and to whoever lost a 50ct of waxies in the viewing station parkinglot i set them on the fence pole by the brown trashcan.... (not that it matters now...lol)

TIGHT LINES, pat.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Nice pictures. I need to get smart and figure out how to post pictures. The second to last picture, is that fresh sushi? ;D

·
Registered
410 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
hey 73, let me get a pair of those sweet indicators u were usin today.
LMAO ya I know right. When I got home (as soon as I walked in) I went to the indicators and took them off my ice poles. On that note I have 5 FREE strike indicators, really good shape but dont work for crap.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
73fisherman said:
catfishking said:
nice job guys we were up there to today we stayed til about 3 than left
How did you guys do?
im thinkin he was either the guy in the tan coat close to the rocks or part of those CRAZY people fishin 5 feet from the pressure ridge of open water.

·
Registered
410 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
73fisherman said:
catfishking said:
How did you guys do?
im thinkin he was either the guy in the tan coat close to the rocks or part of those CRAZY people fishin 5 feet from the pressure ridge of open water.
Oh yea the kid with the axe trying to end it all ;D

·
Registered
410 Posts
catfishking said:
73fisherman said:
catfishking said:
How did you guys do?
we did good caught lots of browns and bows we fished down from the inlet i wouldnt fish anywhere near that open water
Thee was a group of people right next to the open water. They were letting one of the kids beat on the ice with an ax :eek:

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nice job hitting the G spot!...most guys need a road map!...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Where did you get those brown/green ratsos or shrimpos? Seen them in the ice fishing guide, but Sportsmans in the Springs didn't have that color.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh you mean these...... lol. i will PM you about that. the one on the left is after 30 trout in 2 days. the one on the right hasnt been used.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
when u comin with us Z?
I am still not in an ice fishing frame of mind...I may not get out until the John tournament on Jan 8th or so...my two sleds are in the back of my truck but that is as far as I have made it...Bernie asked me to the Delanneys on December 23rd but I couldnt get off work...zLoser...I am going to try and walk the Atown dam Monday afternoon I think...or maybe this afternoon...we have the family get together that moved at the last minute to today...my garage is a mess...I couldnt tell you where my winter boots are for sure...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I looked all over for the new colors of Ratsos and Ratfinkees. JAX had them last year, but haven't had them (or are sold out this season). I ended up just ordering from Custum Jigs and Spoons. They were a buck a piece. They ended up being cheaper even with shipping (they're $1.39 in the store) Plus you can get the new colors or silver or gold heads. It took about a week for deliverory.. Here's a link

http://www.customjigsandspins.com/icefishing/softbody/shrimpo.html

Another nice report guys!

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well james. the color of te shrimpo is called Motoroil. size 10 is what i was using, i was at BPS this morning talkin with nancy and they have none on display or in the back of that color, had to spend my gift card :) gander had some ratso's in motoroil and size ten but i kinda cleaned em out ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts