Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to george town this morning fished 200yrds S. W off the in about 10 fow caught lots of stockers on eggs and little maribou jigs pink size 1/100 oz tipped with a mealy. first time on the ice this year just wanted to make sure all my gear was in check. Tons of people up there today and the traffic is crazy. Good place to take the kids just watch the weather report and make sure it is not too windy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not find any browns. Last year I really got into some nice ones caught one 20incher last year that is a monster for this lake I could not believe my eyes.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Hit Georgetown this am. Cold, windy and snowy. Not a lot of people on the ice. We had bunches of hits on salmon eggs and waxies. The only fish I managed to hook was a rainbow lost at the hole.

Ice is 15 inches. Saw a few fish caught by other people including a nice brown about 14 inches on a waxie.

Dan

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dan, you must have been on the West side of the lake or near the bridge. I would have come over and introduced myself if I knew you were out there. Sorry you didn't get more fish. I did very well, cosidering they were all stockers. See my report. I was glad to be watching that traffic jam and not be stuck in it.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
You were the 3 guys or so gathered down by the damn? We saw you guys but had never fished there and decided to try closer to the bridge.

The weather was miserable it was blowing so hard that we could not see ou half the time. I felt colder there than I did up at 11-mile on the 17th.

That traffic jam was lousy, glad i was headed the other direction. the traffic was backed up all the way to Idaho Springs.

Sorry we did meet each other.

Dan

·
Registered
765 Posts
We were driving out of there about 3:45. That may have been your group I saw walking around the open water on the east side of the bridge. While fishing I did not even look your direction because it was right into the wind and snow. It was blowing so hard that snow packed the inside of my sunglasses. I wish I had brought me ski goggles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts