Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel bad if this post is too negative. Don't take it seriously.

Have any of you seen the TLC show Cake Boss? My wife is an excellent cake maker, so sometimes it's on the tube at our house. Right now my daughter is watching it.

Anyway, I can't take it anymore and had to post to relieve my turmoil. What a contrived show. It should be called "Fake Boss", b/c it's so obvious that all the 'drama' in each episode is manufactured for TV. I can't believe people fall for it as authentic. It's like the producer says, "Ok, this time we need all eight of you yelling at each other about not making the deadline" (in New Jersey accents). Of course the (pseudo-) disaster is always averted, and everyone is in fine shape for the next go-round. Eye-roll City!! ::)

BTW, the cakes START at $1,000.00 :eek:

Ok, I feel better. Thanks. Gotta get back to the show now -- things are starting to get tense and I'm afraid they might not fill their order in time!!!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
:D :D :D :D A friend of mine watches that, too, so I've actually seen it a time or two. Pretty funny. I feel your pain, Hop! ;D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
:D :D :D :D A friend of mine watches that, too, so I've actually seen it a time or two. Pretty funny. I feel your pain, Hop! ;D
which one is your your friend's favorite episode? :D

the creativity is interesting the first couple of times. after that enough is enough. i want to eat cake, not eat a construction project made out of flour, sugar and other materials...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Ha ha! She watches all of those "reality" shows, Cake Boss, some tattoo show, and I think another bakery war thing, too.

My new favorite is Swamp People! :D I love that gator huntin'! >:D

S

·
0 Posts
Not negative at all Hop - its the TRUTH !! Same goes for Pawn Stars ( which i actually love !), totally scripted and fake. SOME of Buddies cakes are pretty neat but others like Don says are nothing but kids construction projects ! And who the heck wants a cake thats half rice krispie treats for a GRAND anyhow ?? Lacks everything i would expect for that price. Worst part of that show is the hyper annoying sisters, screechy new yawker italian makes me want to vomit.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silent_Light said:
Not negative at all Hop - its the TRUTH !!
Thanks, SL, that's reassuring. :) I know it's easier to be critical than positive, but every now & then . . .

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Don, your cake boss is coming to Denver on 11/15. you should check stub hub for tickets for your "friend" :D
seriously though, heard it on the radio driving into work today.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sorry, I'm an Ace of Cakes girl myself. Duff is actually pretty cool.

Boy, I hate to say it, but if Buddy ends up somewhere with lead boots on, I'm not entirely sure I'd be too sad... ::)

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Gee, I'd love to, Thom, but I'm fairly certain I have something less painful already lined up for that day.

What radio station are you listening to that is reporting "Cake Boss news"? Man up!! :D

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Hop,

Is that show on ESPN or ESPN2? If not, I've missed it......

J/K ;D

My wife watches the show. I've not been home really, so I only hear about it. When I get home the wife & I have to figure out who runs the TV remote....

And I really cannot watch anything that is "reality" TV, period. It gags me...

BHR

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
My new favorite is Swamp People! :D I love that gator huntin'! >:D
I like that one too, but even on that one, they try to fabricate drama. Hard to do with a bunch of no-BS people, but they sure do try with their editing and narration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts