Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't believe the web page saying that gift card are accepted until 5/18.
I went out there today and was told that they shut that down last night and that my $40 Rewards Certificate was worthless.
The "sales" sucked too. pretty much 10-15% off retail.
I ain't happy!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Web site says they are being acquired by Camping World. Owner is Marcus Lemonis, TV show "The Profit." So maybe that isn't a bad thing? On the show they show some great success stories turning companies around. "People, process, product." :cool: Although I recall that he does already have an association with Bass Pro. Remember the guy with the little baseball bats? So, who knows. :-\. Anyway, web site says they'll be back fall 2017.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
So it looks like Lemonis bought the Gander assets at an auction, including leases, intellectual property and the Overton's business. A different liquidator owns the current store inventory and will be selling that off. At least some stores will stay open.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Camping World has some of the worst service of any retail store.

This purchase isn't a good thing for the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
gander mountain used to be terrible about stocking stuff for fishing here in Colorado if you aren't a bass or walleye fisherman, especially ice fishing stuff..i haven't been in one of their stores to buy anything but a license in a couple years. sucks that they just built that store in Parker. sure wish Sportsmans Warehouse would come back in the shape it was when the first store opened here, seems like they seemed busy most of the time not sure why they left here..

·
Registered
625 Posts
This purchase isn't a good thing for the consumer.
there aint a business purchasing another business on the planet that's doing it for the good of the retail customer. they are doing it for their business portfolio. the worst part (IMHO) about this is that it further narrows the market and even in this nutjob deregulation driven market will make the merger of BPS and Cabelas harder (gives BPS more of a monopoly). which is bad for my 401k as I'd prefer to see my Cabela's stock inflated and bought off over slowly declining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry,but once bass pro takes over Cabelas the sporting goods industry will be turned upside down. Cabelas is is head and shoulders above every body else. Bass Pro sucks big time.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Cabelas is is head and shoulders above every body else. Bass Pro sucks big time.

Before Cabelas exploded with growth (read when they were a family operation) I would agree with you 100%. That all changed when they brought on so much investment capital.

Now they are no different than any other store. And I hate to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
Before Cabelas exploded with growth (read when they were a family operation) I would agree with you 100%. That all changed when they brought on so much investment capital.

Now they are no different than any other store. And I hate to say that.
agree with this 100%. when the choice was pilgrimage to NE or catalog order only it was the best. now it's the same overpriced Chinese stuff as everyone else.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
I'm a Senior Good Sam member so this morning I received this email about the Gander acquisition...

An Important Message to Gander*Mtn. Customers from Marcus*Lemonis, CEO of Camping*World & Good*Sam.
We are delighted to announce that Gander Mtn. is now part of the Camping*World & Good*Sam family following Camping*World’s successful bid for certain Gander*Mtn. assets in a bankruptcy auction in April. Camping* World & Good*Sam is the nation’s largest network of RV-centric retail locations and the only provider of a comprehensive portfolio of services, protection plans, products, and resources for the outdoor enthusiast. At Camping*World & Good*Sam, we place a high value on customer satisfaction and our goal is to keep as many as 70 or more Gander Mtn. stores open following the bankruptcy liquidation process. Following the liquidation process, you’ll also see a fresh release of GanderMountain.com. By leveraging Camping*World & Good*Sam’s scale, operating infrastructure, and product expertise, we will be able to provide new products and services to the Gander*Mtn. customer. We are very excited for the next chapter of Gander Mtn. as part of the Camping* World & Good*Sam family of companies.

As part of the transaction, ownership of the Gander*Mtn.’s customer database is being transferred to a Camping*World & Good*Sam subsidiary that will operate the new business. Camping*World & Good*Sam will continue to abide by the existing Gander*Mtn. privacy policy. In the event that there are any significant changes to the applicable privacy practices in the future, you will have an opportunity to decide whether to opt out of or accept such changes before they are implemented.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this new adventure and we look forward to earning your business!

Marcus Lemonis,
CEO of Camping*World & Good*Sam.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Their house fluorocarbon is outstanding. It's a great price for 400 yards too. That's all I have good to say about the place!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts