Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this may have been brought up beofre but with all the new members Id like to see what others think.

I for one was very faithful to Gander for the longest time. Mostly because Don works there and is always willing to give me tips and he's a great guy to talk to. Same w/ John who works there. Ever since Gander opened I stopped going to S.W. I went buy SW the other day just to check it out again. Well Im sorry to say but Im only been going to S.W. Alot more product and Better prices. The staff is not even close to what Gander is but lets face it, Its a buyers market.

I know BPS is now here and Cabelas will be soon but im just closer to the 2 above menetioned.

Any input....Agree? Disagree?

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I hold gander in the same regards as dick's, garts, and the others. If I am not going to a local shop I am going to sportsmans. The selection and prices beet out everyone else. The customer service could be a little better but they are hands down the best big store around.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I wish we had a 2nd oprion here in the springs. :p I am a Sportsmans Warehouse guy now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey ePIC....I am from the springs and I like SW a lot. Everytime I go in there I talk to a guy who is tall and has a long brown mustache (don't recall his name) but he helps me out everytime if I have a question in the fishing department.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm down here in the Ranch, and we don't have any great fishing sources too close, so I usually just hit up the Wally World for some worms before I head out. When I need to blow a paycheck, I will make the trip to S.W. or BPS, but I am not a fan of Gander Mtn.. Maybe it's just the Aurora store, but I was just unimpressed. I'm sure the people are nice, but as far as selection and yada yada, I like S.W..

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Bow Slayer said:
Hey ePIC....I am from the springs and I like SW a lot. Everytime I go in there I talk to a guy who is tall and has a long brown mustache (don't recall his name) but he helps me out everytime if I have a question in the fishing department.
I forget his name as well, he use to own one of the fishing stores here in the Springs. He is a good guy always talk to him as well.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stanger,

Garts isnt too bad over there on County line by Del Taco.

Also, there is a place in Park Ghettos mall. I think its Dicks. Very nice selection.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Sportsman's has way more selection, especially on lures and whatnot. Prices are better too, I believe. However, I do like going to Gander just because they have minnows and shiners. And yes, I agree.. The customer service is better at Gander. I go to the Thornton Gander Mtn and the folks there aren't anywhere near being unfriendly/shady.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
sportsmans warehouse is great , low prices, good customer service, good selection , i think gander mountain is a rip off on alot of thier stuff , they never have anything im looking for , bass pro shop is ok thier prices are alittle high

M

·
0 Posts
For some reason I never go to that Gart. I used to work in the mall by Dicks, but the prcices are kinda up there, so if I need to blow a TON of money, I'll make the drive to Aurora.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We picked-up a couple of new spinning rigs at Gander (Aurora) on Saturday. Ran into G Wayne Byrd. Hellavu nice guy and he even took the time to talk to us for a spell (even after doing a seminar ...which we missed! :mad: )

Gander is close and they've always had what we need.

...and we're DEFINITELY NOT going to miss Wayne's next seminar! ;D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For me in battle pitting Gander vs. SW its no competition, I will go to Gander each time. I had a really bad shopping experience at SW & I dont care if they are cheaper they wont get my money. I also like BPS alot, I mainly base my feelings on the sales staff, both Gander & BPS have experienced, friendly staff. At SW they lacked on both. (at least while I was there)

And Dante I have to agree with you Wayne is very nice guy, I will have to catch his next seminar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a not so good experience with Gander - foster son gave me two gift cards for fathers day - I really did not look to see if there was an experation date (there was). When I went to use them. they basicallysaid to bad - they were expireed - ( by a couple of days) - poor customer service, so they do not get my business

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
ya i've never understood the expiration date thing, it's not like they didn't already get you money. i wouldn't go back either that is just poor business. did you talk to a manager, if you haven't you might call and try. sometimes you just get a beligerent employee that want's to make someone elses day as bad as theirs. now if a manager didn't take care of it i would get his name and put it up on this site to let everyone know how much they really care and take care of their customers.. i would let him know that you are gonna put a post on here about it also, see what he says then...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Id like to add the only thing I cant get at SW that makes me have to go to Gander is SW doesnt carry the brand line I use. Cajun Red. I dont understand why they dont carry it.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I for one like Sportsman's Warehouse more than any other competing stores. They seem to have more of what i shop for and the prices compete or beat what i find online. I am into shooting sports, and SW definately have the other local stores beat in the department of reloading and gun prices---im a pretty hard shopper and i compare prices quite a bit.

i will say Gander does have a better selection as far as live baits...

As far as customer service i have had no issues with either one, ive been treated well in both stores.

F

·
0 Posts
I like both...but customer service for me has always been better at Gander....Then Gander doesn't have the same selection that sportsmans does. It's a toss up for me both are great stores...but if I'm going for something inexpensive and easy to find I'll go to sportsmans every time. For big ticket items I'll deal with the guys at sportsmans to save a few bucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts