Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighborhood garage sales today so went driving around... i never usually see any good fishing stuff but today i did :) Guy said he owned a tackle shop 25 years ago and had tons of stuff N.I.B.

I picked up a few Hula Poppers, a couple cranks, a topo map of pueblo, Some Yamamoto curly tail grubs, and a new cover for my ice auger blade.

The guy had quite a few more poppers, some chatterbugs, bunch of rebel cranks, also a bunch of Yozuri cranks... Whole box of plastics and jigs... Few fly rods.. Older ice rods...

Anyone else ever find anything good at garage sales?? Like I said i never really find much and what i do find is usually over priced and/or old and rusty.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a buddy who picked up a very well stocked tackle box once. It was a $5 or $10 deal, and he got well over $100 worth of stuff, and probably a lot closer to $200.

Congrats on your find!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I used to give stockers to one of my dads buddies friends at work. One day the guy gave me a suitcase sized bag of bass stuff. Don't bass fish so I've been using the bass gear that applicable to other species.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great find!!! How much did you get all that for?
I got 3 Hula Poppers($3 each), 2 cranks($2 and $3), 1 Map($.50), 1 Auger cover($3) and the bag of Yamamoto grubs($2.50) total= $20

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I got 3 Hula Poppers($3 each), 2 cranks($2 and $3), 1 Map($.50), 1 Auger cover($3) and the bag of Yamamoto grubs($2.50) total= $20
That was a great deal!! I just recently noticed a number of rod/reels hanging on my neighbors garage wall, maybe one day he will have a garage sale and sell all that stuff...:cool:

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I just recently noticed a number of rod/reels hanging on my neighbors garage wall, maybe one day he will have a garage sale and sell all that stuff...:cool:
LMAO dude I guarantee half my neighbors are waiting for me to either take them fishing, or die so they can ransack my ****. :eek:

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Neighborhood garage sales today so went driving around... i never usually see any good fishing stuff but today i did :) Guy said he owned a tackle shop 25 years ago and had tons of stuff N.I.B.

I picked up a few Hula Poppers, a couple cranks, a topo map of pueblo, Some Yamamoto curly tail grubs, and a new cover for my ice auger blade.

The guy had quite a few more poppers, some chatterbugs, bunch of rebel cranks, also a bunch of Yozuri cranks... Whole box of plastics and jigs... Few fly rods.. Older ice rods...

Anyone else ever find anything good at garage sales?? Like I said i never really find much and what i do find is usually over priced and/or old and rusty.

This stuff is missing from my garage. Is that what you call a garage sale?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts