Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by Gart's today (Parker Store) and picked up 3 decent graphite spinning poles for under $15 each. From talking to the person in the fishing area, Gart's is trying to get rid of fishing poles that either are older models or are not being manufactured anymore.

Some of the poles were marked down to $4.97 (Normally $40). One of the poles I bought was  originally $70 and I got it for $15. The pole is made by Alpine Design and has the fuji eyes. I am not too sure about the quality of the Alpine design pole since Alpine Design is in the clothing industry but the pole seems pretty solid.  There is a pretty good selection. Anything ranging from small trout poles to heavy bait casters. I believe even the ugly sticks were marked down to the same price as well. 

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Thanks for reminding me about Gart's. I normally never think of them for fishing gear, but about once a year the Gart's in Fort Collins seem to lose their mind and sell all kinds of good tackle for next to nothing, then they recover their senses and go back to charging Wheel of Fortune prices. It's time to go check them out again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Garts is a great place for deals. I check in there once in a while just to see if anything is mispriced. ;D

I found a Sako 75 s/s a few years ago in there for $600.00.

I gotta get down there for a new rod or 5.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I dig through their discount bin all the time. I get flasher/dodgers sometimes for 3$ w/ a koke-a-nut on it.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Wow, I picked up a rod from Gart's too during mid Feb for $20 too. Maybe I should have waited, but oh well... Contribute to the economy, I guess. Mine is a Denali 5' 6" light action spinning rod fitted with Fuji guides. Wanted to use it for panfish and the occasional bass. It was priced at $60 before the sale. Anyone have any info about these rods?

First time I seen a Denali rod and went straight for the buy... So far, it has been good to me and the sensitivity is very good. A bud of mine also bought a $40 6' Tahoe rod for $14 at the same time.

Happy 'deal finding'
1eyeReD

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Zias said:
I found a Sako 75 s/s a few years ago in there for $600.00.
Okay, that went so far over my head that I can't stand it any longer and I have to ask. What the heck is a Sako 75 s/s? I can't even figure out the s/s part.
???

·
Registered
157 Posts
MuskieManFC said:
Walking Eagle said:
   I can't even figure out the s/s part.
stainless/synthetic i believe
WINNER!!! Sako is a high end rifle manufacturer.

I went to garts in FTC today and didn't find any good deals on poles.  Oh well, gotta keep looking.   ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts