Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got out today in the afternoon to chase some lakers through the ice in grand county. The humps that I normally concentrate on didn’t do me any good last time so I tried a different part of the reservoir. This time I was fishing a mud flat off a **** in about 45fow. I missed a handful of hits and managed to land one fish on a chartreuse jigging rap...nothing spectacular but it was fun getting out in the snow. Probably gonna fry this dude up tonight. It’s still coming down pretty good up here. I wanna keep at it and keep working the same game plan but with everything going on, I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to pull that off. Anyhow, hopefully everyone is safe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Decided to bake the Laker...wrapped it up in some foil with olive oil, salt, pepper and orange slices. Never tried this before but we’ll see how it goes. Just tossed it in the oven at 400 degrees and will check on it shortly.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow....the Laker was surprisingly good. Id highly recommend using that recipe. Simple and tasty!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow....the Laker was surprisingly good. Id highly recommend using that recipe. Simple and tasty!

I am not a big fan of eating Trout myself, but when I do keep them I prefer Lake Trout and Brook Trout. I cook them that way also, usually turns out pretty good :)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice catch and cook! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Way to go Whomp! Been doing the same thing at Willy's this week, social distancing at it's best. Ice conditions have been fantastic :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts