Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 3 or 4 times out, the fishing has been as good as its been all year. Fish are shallow and real agressive. Getting them on cranks and spinnerbaits early and tubes and twin tail grubs later in the day. Main lake and secondary points are where I'm finding them, the ones with submerged brush are the best. Jerks are also starting to get some bass and walleye off main lake points. About an equal number of spots and smallies and size is much improved now that the water has cooled-about an equal number of fish above and below the 14" mark.

Water temp is anywhere from 61 to 65 depending on where you are on the lake and time of day. Water is a little cloudy, even down by the dam, but should be clearing up soon. Fall fishing IMO is as good as it gets on this lake-these are the days I've waited all year for.

Its a real bittersweet deal because I know as good as it is right now, cold weather isn't that far away.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Excellent info. I agree about the fishing right now. I love it....too bad I can't go out after work on the boat anymore :mad:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
thats right anyone who shows up after the ramps closed isnt boat fishing. got some bass trolling ::) but killed em at my crappie tree.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts