Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My husband has recently been trying to teach my daughters to fly fish (they are 12 & 4. 12 year old loves it!). So far, we've only been on the Little Laramie, which was really fun, but would love to try someplace new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Its been years since my husband has been able to fly fish and relax, and I love that he's able to enjoy it with his girls.
We are camping with a jeep and off road trailer (Opus), so can get pretty remote. Looking for private camping along a stream or lake, interested in trout, walleye, etc. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
The likelihood of you finding exactly what you’re looking for is pretty slim. If you can accept fishing for trout, there are a bunch of places that would suit your needs. Whether someone wants to give those spots to you is a different story. Personally I fish a lot of the major reservoirs and haven’t done much remote camping/fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, I misspoke..Meant to say we are looking for areas but doesn’t have to necessarily be trout. Trout fishing is my husbands favorite!

·
Registered
347 Posts
My husband has recently been trying to teach my daughters to fly fish (they are 12 & 4. 12 year old loves it!). So far, we've only been on the Little Laramie, which was really fun, but would love to try someplace new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Its been years since my husband has been able to fly fish and relax, and I love that he's able to enjoy it with his girls.
We are camping with a jeep and off road trailer (Opus), so can get pretty remote. Looking for private camping along a stream or lake, interested in trout, walleye, etc. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean by private camping? It seems like in the days of Covid, everybody, their brother, and their dog is out camping, hiking, fishing, and being outdoors. I'm not complaining. It is just how it is. Red Feather Lakes is a great place to get kids on fish. Small trout but excellent numbers. You probably need a reservation for that though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a little distance between others. 20+ yards? I’ve done the campground thing. It’s fun at times, but right now we’d like some time alone with family..
Red Feathers is actually the area I was thinking of. We had a cabin on a lake there growing up, I miss it.
Thanks for the reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts