Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got there around 2, fished in some pretty deep water on the smaller side of the lake... saw a ton of fish near the bottom, but they would come up and nose the salmon eggs, but not commit, we missed several strikes, and moved around a lot, considering the hand auger, 8 holes total, lots of fish to be found, not sure what they wanted, but we didn't have it

frigid up there, we were buncdled up and still frozen, we were splashing water in the air with our scoops, and it would come down as little ice balls, sooooooooo windy too, yikes

whole lake is frozen, but dont be fooled, stay away from the middle of the bridge area on the big side

i donty know how deep that lake gets, but i would guess we were fishing like 13 or more FOW, and the ice all over was 8-10 inches solid, no snow cover

·
Registered
862 Posts
Re: Georgetown 12/14

were you up there with 3 buddies????i was talkin to my buddy on the phone and he said "well drivin right by georgetown and it doesnt look like a single soul out there" i told him there should be a dude out with some friends and he said "oh wait there is a couple guys out there looks like its really cold tho" lol so im assuming that was you ?it was about 4 pm or so if i remember right.....to bad you couldnt land anything goin to 11 mile on sat?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

haha, yeah, there were three of us, only ones out there, and yeah ill be at the mile on saturday

i was gonna bring my two fishing buddies, but theyre joining the marines and theyre going to shoot m-16s on saturday or something...

but ill be there

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Me and fishinguitars were at george on sunday and caught our limit plus some. We were the only ones at the damn, just off to the side of it of course dont want to be treadin were theres a little current but any way Mustang the ticket was bright colors. We did the salmon egg thing and like you said they would look real hard but nothing. ORANGE RATSOS tipped with a crawler was the ticket, we couldnt get it to the bottom without something taken off with it. I pulled out a really nice brown right at 17inches the biggest of the day was a fat 18" bow from fishinguitars. I havent seen a nice fish like that come outta there in some years and through the ice was kinda cool.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might have used it on your trip but green power bait might have gotten a couple of those trout, it's gotten me a lot of fish there. Of course some days they won't hit anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts