Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished early this morning. Caught 6 stockers on ice jigs tipped with meal worm. Missed a few more. Saw one other guy down by the dam.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
was it very sandy? Thats hard on the auger blades.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Kentucky, Where were you fishing? I have a cousin-in-law coming into town and my wife wants us to go to a place where he and I can fish while all the girls run around town and occasionally come out and harrass, I mean visit us. Georgetown is not a place I normally go but I thought it might be fun for a first timer. I hate the wind in that place though.

E

·
0 Posts
Anywhere along the West shoreline is pretty good. Also, close to the road that cuts between the 2 lakes is OK but DO NOT go near the bridge. There's a current that flows under it and the ice isn't safe!

Watch out for the jeep racers next month!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks. I'd hate to get out there and take a bath. When you say west shoreline is that the one closest to I-70 or the smaller section closest to town. Unless I have my diretion screwed up I thought the dam was on the far east side. Does the highway go straight east/west in that stretch?

E

·
0 Posts
The West side is along I-70. If you look on a map or road atlas, you'll see that the highway runs North/South by the lake. The dam is on the North end and the inlet is on the South end of the lake.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tlalked with someone who goes opposite of where the jeeps are racing
and knocks them dead. The jeeps send them to the other side of the lake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts