Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wanted to see the I70 Buffalo, so we gassed up the Chevy and headed West.

Stopped for a short bit and saw the beasts, got back in the Chevy and kept headed west.

Ended up taking Hoosier Pass back through Fairplay ( heavy snow on the pass) and down 285, a nice little drive.

Of course it was spousal unit time and not fishing time, but fishing was on my mind.

Georgetown looked solid and I saw multiple huts set up as we cruised by.

Dillon on the other-hand was in the midst of accumulating snow, but the lake was not froze in any spots that I could tell.

So there you have it. A short and sweet report on what I saw today.

Large beasts that would make excellent burgers and what not.

No SRI ice'n jokanee yet..

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Snake River inlet had 6-8 inches. I didn't get **** yesterday.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow I'm surprised it was froze Dave. All the parts I went by were open water.

Thanks for the addition/update. Hitten SRI is on my bucket list for ice'n this winter.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Pistoldog here is another addition to your report. Hit me up if you want to ice Dillon.

Fished the snake during the bronco game while no one else was out there and just to do it once before I start running trips over thanksgiving weekend. We got 8 between two of us. Blowing snow covered and insulated a bunch of holes. You really have to watch your step. The ice is total swiss cheese from the 30 some odd people that were there saterday.
I never broke the 15 inch mark on a Dillon koke till yesterday. This summer we noticed a clear increase in the size of dillon kokanne. I chalk it up to the effects of Arctic Char predation.

Fished openwater from shore before that and only got one but was photo worthy. She was 21 inches long in full spawning colors. We still don't have the fat browns like back in the day, but every year, as Ewert keeps stocking the fingerlings we get better body condition. This brown was in excellent shape compared to alot of the other 20 plus inch browns i have seen from Dillon.

Also got a cool pic at the Frisco Marina of one of those moments with huge snow flakes falling while the sun is shining.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hit Dillon early Saturday morning. My buddy got their at 7 am caught his limit by Noon. I got their a little before 10 am got 5 Kokes by Noon. 7.5' t0 9.5 feet of water, Pink Ratsos tipped with shrimp, waxes lightlyjigging

1 - 7 of 7 Posts