Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not made it up there this summer, planing on hitting it during the winter...I looked the rest up on google maps and there does not appear to be alot of parking...besides the roadside, is there another place to park?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is usually plenty of room to park on the roadway and if not most people with 4x4 park farther off the road. I have never had an issue in the winter with parking..

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
The wind usually does a great job of keeping the roads clear. You should be able to park right next to the lake...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Nowhere near the ice unfortunately... Monterey Tennessee... "Where the hilltops touch the sky" as they say 'round these here parts'.

Still have all my ice gear... Maybe **** will fall into place and I'll have an opportunity to get up north of Indianapolis sometime this winter.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I imagine Evergreen will be prime here in a month or so for early ice. Bunch of little shits, but fun, fast action and great for getting kids and newcomers into the sport---with it's proximity to Denver and how heavily it is stocked pre-ice up.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Yea, I've watched that video several times... It is rare they ever have fishable ice up in KY... The guys even talk about that in one of their videos. An hour or so north of there (nearer Dayton OH) is more consistent. The wife's family lives in IN which is why I mentioned Indy. It would only make sense if I had the time off work and could drop her and the girls off with her family while Buck and I went up to fish...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts