Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Lake above Silverthorne about 6:00pm for about 2 hours...caught one rainbow about 18 inches on rapala....great scenary however a very little lake and alot of fishermen fishing, some people where giving the evil eye because I was using a spin rod and lure...oh well I was within the regs and caught and released a fish....

Then decided to stop in Georgetown on the way home....got there almost at dusk had time to toss a silver Kastmaster and caught one nice Brown about 16 inches and on 10 inch Rainbow...The guys fishin across the channel (by the bridge) from us were slamming the small rainbows on worms...they must of had about 30 bites and 10 small rainbows (>10 inch) in the 1 hour that we stayed there from about 8:30-9:30PM...Well at least we got to excape the heat and caught 3 fish...

TH

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Georgetowm....

Sounds like you have a good day of it TroutHunter. That bridge is a fun place to pull up to in the evening. Also try on the south end of the lake from there and then walk east 100 yards out to that point by the bay. Some nicer fish cruise that area in the evening looking for a snack.
Craig

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...we did have a great day alot cooler up ther around the E. Tunnel compared to Denver. It seems like it would be great to live out in Frisco at least for the summer....I dont know about those winters though I am thinking alot of snowed in days...but ice-fishing may be good to right in your back yard..

TH

Anyone lived up there? how are the winters?

·
Registered
405 Posts
TroutHunter,

The winters up in the mountains aren't too bad. CDOT does a good job of keeping the roads open and the icefising in that area is really good.

Send BigBrown a personal message and he can fill you in on where and when to fish; he's knows summit county like the back of his hand.

I'm actually looking forward to the ice fishing season which isn't too far around the bend. I started fishing with Bigbrown in February and I was heaind up into the mountains just about every other weekend without any problems at all.

Yep it won't be long before we start icing fish... I can't wait!

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts