Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on fishing georgetown, (bait, location etc.). I'm headed up there tomorrow. And NOT fishing by the bridge.

Shorty

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try to find the river channel, if you head out from the little platform by the first turn in head out about 30-40 yds and you should find it. The south end of the lake is mostly shallow, 5 ft or less. The channel will be about 15 ft deep. A word of caution though, your auger will pretty much be worth less after drilling holes up there. The sand from I-70 blows onto the lake and dulls your blades really quick. You could drive an extra 20 mins and fish the snake river inlet at dillon. Just wondering whats wrong with by the bridge?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Any small jigs with a wax worm or two should do the trick with bait. Pinch the head off and squeeze a little of the juice out. If you are in an ice hut you can watch the small stockers swarm the bait when that juice spreads out.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ice by the bridge is thin. because of the current underneath, I don't feel like falling through. Do you (nhurianek) know of any other good ice fishing spots around 45 minutes out of lakewood??

Shorty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts