Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've talked abou this before but with the season upon us I thought I'd start a thread on what you all munch on while ice fishing.

Got to have munchies with me, since my fishing buddy is seven years old and lasts alot longer with something warm. With that said can't leave the house without hot choco, brats or dogs, soup and whatever else can cook up on the single burner. A pile of snacks (chips, trailmix, and jerky etc..)in between as well.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
oh, to answer the question...
i'm usually too dang wrapped up in fishin' to cook anything :-\... mostly a sammich/snacks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ItsaBigun said:
mmmm... i promise i'll act like a 7 yo if you take me with ;D
Hey all toss in some extra brauts just in case I run into a few fellow CFers, but Yer baitin' your own hook!;D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Usually just chips sandwiches and snack of that sort. I have done brats before which was very satisfying. I found a Coleman double burner stove and like 7 bottles of fuel at home. That's coming with me on the sled this season.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
On one of my snowmobiles I have a 'HotDogger' - works great to take a spin and warm up a burrito or sandwich ;D

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Whats a hotdogger?...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pre made breakfast burritos. Wrap um in foil. We build heating racks out of wire that hang on the butane heaters. 10 min on the heater and a hand held meal. Best part is you always have a free hand for jigging.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I almost always just bring a sandwich and A LOT of snacks.. Chips, Crackers, Cookies, Candy, ect..

As for drinks.. i just bring Energy drinks, Water and sometimes Soda.

1 Time i brought those hot cocoa cups that are suppose to heat themselves when you open them.. bought them at sportsmens warehouse... Well little did I know it says to keep stored at certain temps.. And ice fishng was way to cold.. Couldnt even open it up!! What is the point of having an instantly hot drink if it doesnt work out in the cold!!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
If left up to me, it's beef jerky, water (usually frozen by the time I want a drink) and maybe some hot chocolate. I don't like to take time away from fishing to eat or to cook anything.

I fished Blue Mesa a couple years ago with bobco and some friends of his from Colorado Springs. Those guys from the Springs brought hamburgers and brats and a grill and all the fixins! It was great. All I had to do was eat it!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
oh man cooking on the ice is the best, we have to do it!!!

we bring soup from the restaurant(egg drop and/or hot and sour), ramen noodles, some times ribs, i cook breakfast for all.

plus i catch most my fish while cooking lolol.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I usually just bring samiches and jerky gonna try grillin this year now that I have room in the new sled !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts