Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so NOW I'm ready to start catching some fish!!! Wife got this for me as an early birthday present. As you can see, we've already put it to good use!!

Time to go catch some bait, gentlemen.....

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
One of My best investments..... Love it... AND it works!:thumb:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I am jealous! I have been wanting one of those for a long time. I never thought about using it to catch my own bait. Thanks for the good idea!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one was apparently inexpensive, but MAN does it do a good job!!!! No ice crystals on any of this meat... Prolly not as wicked as redleader's commercial vacpac, but it does a pretty darn good job for being a small unit.

I cannot take credit for the idea of catching bait and vacpacking it... But I'll certainly do it!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That's awesome Owen, I use mine for everything. fruits and veggies, leftovers, whatever. you will love having one.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it already!!! I can't wait to catch some fish, filet em up, and vacpack em! :)

I have some gills, trout, and char in my freezer in Ziploc bags... Sure wish I'd have had this thing a few months ago!!! I'm gonna cook all the fish up this week to make room in my possession limit. :)

Time to selectively harvest the sh** out of some brooks and Lakers!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The greatest tool ever! I butcher my own elk, deer, antelope, ect and package every bit of it with my food saver. I've had the same unit for 8 years and have packaged litteraly thousands of pounds of meat with it and it still works as good as it did when I first got it!

Tip: Lightly wet the rubber seal on the vacuum every time you use it. It will seal quicker and the seal will last longer.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ thanks for the tip!!
I've done 10 pounds of hamburger, 12 pounds of chicken, 4 pounds of pork chops, 5 pounds of cheese, and a gallon of green chili already... In one day. :). Its a super bada** machine, and I love it!!!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
2nd tip: Dont let llama boy lubricate the rubber seal!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts