Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
You think that's bad just wait until you marry her!!! ::) 8)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So my buddies from Vegas are visiting. I used to ride the dunes with one of them.

So I wanted to show them my new adrenaline addiction: monster lakers. However my gf beats my but at the showing. I was busy babysitting the noobs while my gf was out with t1000. By the time I get everyone in my boat tied up and on a troll the gf and t1000 come buzzing over to us. They show us their monster and really get us all pumped. My Vegas friends never caught a fish as big as the lures we were using so they were kind of skeptical at first. Pictures make everyone a believer.

We get back on our troll when my buddy Chuck thinks he snagged the bottom. i get the boat stopped and everyone elses lines out of the way. Chuck couldnt unsnagg his "snag" so he hands me the pole to do so. I go to unsnag and I couldnt lift it for the life of me. Then I go for the snap off unsnagg tactic and i feel a head shake. I immeditely handed the pole back to Chuck. The fish made a crazy run in which chuck couldnt keep the pole from going under the boat. I had a left real which confused him and he let the line get slack and of course the big monster mack shook him off. We are all kinda noobs at monster mack fishing and it has been a while since I open water fished so we werent 100% sure it was a fish. When chuck reels his stuff in we noticed he had one scale about the size of a pencil eraser on the hook. We were all bummed that we lost a potential (maybe state record) big fish of the day. We continue on and my other buddy Mark pulls a chuck cept his scales were half the size of Chucks. This event made us all question whether or not we would ever get some fish pics.

Then I hook into a little one. T1000r tried to tell me to wait on the walkie talkies till he gets there to help with the landing. He asked how it was fighting and I replied its in the net.

So our morals were boosted finally as we get some slime in the boat. We keep trolling hard trying to catch up to the gf. Then I get my second fish. This one was a little nicer but still not as big as the gfs!!!

We all had a blast and I think my Vegas friends might be hooked as well.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
thats a beating I think any one of us would be willing to take.

nice catches

1 - 20 of 26 Posts