Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at the local retention pond this afternoon. The wife was reading a magazine on a park bench. I'm catching a few crappie and small bass on the fly rod. While I'm landing about a 5-6" crappie, this giant bass engulfs it about 5ft from the bank. It came out of the water and I saw it clearly with a good side profile. This bass was probably 8lbs+ and maybe 10. No joke. Biggest bass I've ever seen. It took off and I had it on for a short time then it spit the crappie out. I've caught a few 2-3lbers out of there but it's a fairly crappy fishery for the most part, especially when a few local extended families keep every thing they catch. They were there today with 5 rods each. One of them begged me for a 12" bass I caught as I was releasing it. I hope that giant crappie eating bass lives to give me one more chance. That's it. That's my story.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sucks theres families there that do that, their type will destroy a pond quick. Hopefully you can get that bass, I mean it has survived this long! Go throw a big swimbait in there!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its very possible the biggest bass I have ever caught in my life was out here. 9 lb 2 oz . Congrates on the experience its one of those you will never forget!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts