Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
funny how there are 3 pages of posts doubting this kid, then the pic gets posted, and only a few compliments.

i have been fishing for over 30 years, something tells me this kid will be catching bigger fish in his future, putting these nay sayers to shame.

fish on big K!

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
john the fisherman said:
funny how there are 3 pages of posts doubting this kid, then the pic gets posted, and only a few compliments.

i have been fishing for over 30 years, something tells me this kid will be catching bigger fish in his future, putting these nay sayers to shame. 

fish on big K!                                                                                                             

AMEN to that John...Kahuna has got GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Fish on brotha! :)

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
kOdiak, wasn't sure if I liked you. Just because I hate Mike Iccaneliie (sp?) especially after his Gulp adds (just think if they were going to play up the whole naturale thing, they could have used a hot Polish or Swedish woman  ;)).

Anyway, I gotta say "mad props". That was really cool of you to post the kids photo for him. Good looking out for another member. Thank you.

Big Kahuna, I gotta say, I still have a little doubt (24 inches), but you know what, when people are doubting you, you know you're a great angler. No matter what size that fish is, it's huge! Catching it was immpressive, on the fly rod, Amazing. Nice job!!!  :) Keep reporting too, your reports are great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
james said:
Big Kahuna, I gotta say, I still have a little doubt (24 inches), but you know what, when people are doubting you, you know you're a great angler. No matter what size that fish is, it's huge! Catching it was immpressive, on the fly rod, Amazing. Nice job!!!  :)  Keep reporting too, your reports are great!
No doubt BK, that's a real nice fish!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I really like those photos kuhuna. Most of the people that are doubting you mostly doubt you due to your age. I have had that discrimination as well (even though I am quite a bit older than you). Anglers in their mid 40's or beyond that think because they've never done something that someone who hasn't hit 20 must be lying if they say they've done it. When you prove them wrong it feels pretty good, and is always pretty funny :D Be prepared though- you will get people saying you edited the photos, that is not a real largemouth, that is not you, fake tapemeasures, etc. Trust me, I've had many of those accusations thrown at me and my 10-13" gills. Great fish and try not to let what anyone says bother you too much. I know it can be difficult though.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice fish BK. I have caught 5 Master Angler largemouth so far this year and that's bigger than all of mine wether it's 24 inches or not.

I agree with TFB that people will stereotype you due to your age. It's unfortunate that there's not much you can do about it but believe in yourself.

When I was your age I lived on a lake in Minnesota and had my own boat with a 15hp outboard, flasher and electric motor and I would outfish all of the old guys every day.

I remember going into a tackle shop to stock up on spinnerbaits when I was about 15 or 16 and the old fat guy behind the counter laughed at me and told me 'those dang things aint never gonna catch a fish son!'

Shows what he knew, I caught more bass and pike on those things than any other lure, and they're still one of my faves 20 years later.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice fish Big Kuhuna. I must say I was one of those people who doubted you about all the fish you catch but I never knew you were just a kid. I thought you were just some dumb grown up man who didn't know how to spell very well. Now I must admit that I am the ***** for making the assumption and am sorry. Don't worry about the spelling either, its normal when you are still young. I know you caught those muskies at Pinewood because I have seen your pic there.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i believed you on the crappie but i had my doubts on the largemouth. picture is worth 1000 words. you get bonus points for catching it on a fly rod. i didnt realize how young you were either. i wished i would have stared fising when i was your age. its great to see that when a lot of kids these days are out getting in trouble your out slayin em with your fly rod and making a bunch of oldsters jealous. nothing taste worse then crow :) so how did you cook the crappie? never ate them before and hear they are pretty good. i caught some big ones too this weekend. never caught any crappie big enough to eat until this weekend. i was in catch in release mode because i had a walleye to cook up but i want to go back and try for some more of those dinner plate sized crappie. good job and keep fishing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats Big Kahuna, nice fish. Dave, I fillet mine and dip in a beer batter or shore lunch batter and deep fry till they float with a little color on the breading and pull. Salt imediately and wait a few minutes untill you can barely eat them with your mouth open blowing hot steam out and they are ready! ;)
Craig

·
Registered
276 Posts
azbassernco said:
hey kahuna grow up man one day its a huge tiger out of pike veiw then a huge waleye then thes bass and crappie you are so full of $#*@ man get a life and post a pic

and get that case of cranial rectal inversion taken care of i am sick of you and your tall tales kid

well so how does it feel to be making fun of a little kid???Way to go Kahuna you showed everybody man good job!

·
Registered
110 Posts
teach me how to get' em my friend hahah nice fish! now kahuna you are the man!!! wow i read the whole thing its just funny how old are you? 14? lol dang man this guy is a REAL fisher MAN better then most of us.... gj

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
funny i seem to recall a few of you bashing the BK and then wernt man enought to pony up any compliment (for those that did thats cool) after the pics. hope your proud of you selves just think hes out fishing instead of getting high and screwing your daughters!

Nice catch BK, your welcome at my campfire anytime!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey fellas, remember me? Well, I guess you can all smile and laugh and all that, because I'm "guilty" of flipping through this site every now and then. It's almost 3 in the morning I couldn't help it. This post pissed me off bad enough to sign back up.

The thing that got my attention is that this kid, BIG KAHUNA, is 14 years old. I am 18, and I've been fishing since I have been walking. I can't believe how many people would bash on and doubt him for saying he caught what he caught.

What is so hard to believe about a young kid catching a big fish. Half the guys on this site are in their 30s and 40s, and I'm guessing half of them haven't eer caught a crappie or bass as big as BIG KAHUNA's. I can't believe some of the replies I've read.

Also, I am sure I have caught Colorado bass that have measured 24 inches or longer, and I'm sure none of them were over ten pounds.

Take a look, I caught this a few weeks ago... I'm 6'5, 220. I'm sure this fish is over 20 inches, and it MIGHT weigh 5 pounds ona good day.

I just get pissed when I see a bunch of grown men and women, mostly men, bashing a kid for posting his report. How is that inspiring youth fishing? How does that help the future of the sport?

I'm sorry none of you guys have that kind of fish under your belt, but that's no reason to doubt it... If you don't believe it, keep your doubts to yourself... he's 14 for cryin' out loud!!!

I'm sorry for ruining your day by coming back for a few minutes, but this just really ubbed me the wrong way...

And I hate to call you out, but azbassernco, you need to shut your trap. If you recall, my buddy and I spent a crappy day of fishing with you at some local pond you claimed had big fish in it. After catching a bunch of stockers, you caught one small trout you were babbling about to everyone around how it was 16 inches. It was 13 when we put the tape on it, and from your own mouth you said, "that's the biggest trout i've ever cuahgt." That's not much of an accomplishment for someone who can bash a 14 year old kid for catching a 3-5 pound bass... you should be ashamed of yourself. And since I'm sure you'd like to find something to say to that, yes I only caught one fish that day.

The point is, don't always doubt somebody just because you have never seen it or done it yourself. And the only reason I posted is because BK is 14!! Jesus man, why don't you go bash on your own sons...

Michael.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.