Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
GUYS!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!

Big Kahuna makes some posts claiming some wome impressive claims with little to no information. It is very easy to doubt him, its the internet no one knew he was a young man until it was said. No one knew to believe him tell he posted pictures of his fish. If you read his posts you will see they are hard to follow. The only person not making a big deal out of the whole situation is Big Kahuna, learn from the kid and shut up and fish.
Please lets leave this topic alone.
And Mustang you are always welcome here, you dont have to delete your account this time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, actually, he said he was under 15 in the first page of posting. So, even if he had no proof and couldn't be taken seriously, I would think people could just ignore it rather than jump on his case. Sorry, just bugs me cuz I'm young too I guess.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I agree with mustang. A lot of you older men (and not so many on this site actually, but on another site) are absolutely pathetic! Bitching at people young enough to be your sons just because they are better fisherman than you. I've been through it before (cough...iceshanty...cough). Keep it up kahuna show em what's up!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mr. Richie (Mr. would refer to someone who is...around my dad's age?),

You are more than welcome to send me a PM if you still have issues. Or, you can send me another couple nonsensical emails telling me how hypocritical I am and yada yada, that's fine. Saying "someone" sent Kodiak some pics of a kid and still being skeptical...what does it take for a fishing report to be believable. Most fisherman are GENERALLY honest. How do you know every posts I ever made and every picture of me catching bigger fish than you since I was 3 years old aren't a bunch of pictures of random little boys I found? You are being ridiculous, as usual.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Seriously, Don, Dan, or Epic, anyone in moderation, can we just kill this thread? It's going nowhere...quickly...
But on another point, good to see Mustang back!
If I wanted to watch a bunch of guys measure their ducks, I'd be watching UFC.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm staging a thread hijack.
How're the driving lessons going for the oldest Bobber? Is she still more of a Strike Indicator?

·
Registered
864 Posts
ahh i new it was you mustang when I seen the " mustang' " I didnt check this site for a while (was really busy workin)then came back and noticed you were no longer registered I was wondering what happened but I wont get into that....good to see you back and posting again btw nice bass man i believe you live right around me if im correct shoot me a PM maybe we can hit some spots sometime

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
A good theme song for kuhuna would be "back the **** up" by fear factory

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
He's not even old enough to listen to that.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup, all us youngsters (i'm trying to hold on to being one) have great ideas about the gas, but that darn brake just seems to be useless...
SHENANIGANS!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
ePiC said:
TroutFishingBear said:
He's not even old enough to listen to that.
Why not? If he's 14, he's plenty old enough. I listened to afroman, the bloodhound gang, and others when I was 14. I've turned out okay (some would argue that one). lol, and they actually have bad content in their songs. Some of the music these days, particularly gangster rap, must be having a negative effect on our society. Of course, fear factory isn't gangster rap, rather industrial metal with occaisional hip-hop influences (a good choice when used in conjunction with crunching riffs from an ibanez seven-string guitar). I love hijacking topics....

·
Registered
555 Posts
This debate over the size of the kid's largemouth bass is kinda' funny. First off, yes, it's a very nice fish, well done Big Kuhuna. However, all fishermen know that stretching the truth, is telling a lie.
From any given picture of a fish, the best indicator of actual size, when it's unknown as to how the fish was held (without a ruler in the pic for reference), is to compare the fish to the hand width of the person holding the fish. The kid's left hand is very visable relative to the fishes overall length. Now, the average adults index through pinky finger is going to be anywhere from 3 to 3 1/2' (a kid's is not going to be as large, so that easily adjusts for if his fingers are spread a bit). From that, the fish is between 5 to 6 of his hand widths (and the latter is a generous assumption). So, without a doubt, the fish is somewhere between 17.5 and 21" (no smaller, but certainly no bigger). That would put the fish between 3 and 5.3 pounds max, as the fish is real healthy looking but not overly stout.
As for a 24" fish, an average largemouth would be just over 8# on average. Yes, I know, there have been many that length that people have caught that have gone 10#+ but that is when a fish has an enormous belly and girth and looks bloated. The average sized largemouth for it's length, generally is not and neither is the fish that you are discussing.
Having grown up catching largemouth bass in the upper midwest, I've caught my share of 5#+ largemouths (but none bigger than 6.5#, it was 22"). As a general rule, once they get to be over 20" and 5# an average man's clentched fist will fit in old greenback's bucket mouth.
So, again, I give the kid credit for catching a real nice fish and he had pics to back up his catch. However, a ruler and a decent scale should be on his birthday wish list, because part of becoming both a man and a true fisherman, is telling it just like it is, as the alternatives, are merely fish stories and tall tales. Good luck all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i wouldnt doubt that kahuna you are definantly a respected fishermen, and the fish u hauled made me jealous you have my respect period..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
BIG KUHUNA said:
my fist fit all the way in to its mouth!
I probably should let this poor dead horse be, but I just can't help myself.   ;D

Was this a very nice fish?  It absolutely was.

Was it 24" long?  It absolutely was not.  FishinBud is right on with his method of estimating.  It was no bigger than 21".  That doesn't mean it's not a great fish.

So everybody get over it.  You, too, BIG KUHUNA.  

(And now you know what to ask for for your birthday.  ;) )

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I think this threads useful life passed a couple of pages ago. If you want to keep arguing about it, find another way.

THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED!

Dan

ps

About the fish, no matter what people think about its size its a big fish and I wish I had caught it. Congratulations on catching a beautiful fish.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.