Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has he ever recieved an award from the state or anything like that ...talk about someone who has given everyone so much ...I think it would be great for everyone in the industry to do something special for giles.......Get a hall and have hundreds of people there to honor him with a special award...I know he writes for another mag but he is such a genuine person I wonder what people have done to give back to him ........

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Buy stuff from his store in Greeley like he asks you to at the end of every article! Hey, I like guy but when you think about it, he's just a businessman. And then when you follow one of his tips and visit his store and buy some stuff, tell him how great his tips were - that would be enough for anybody!

You're right though - he does throw a lot of ideas out in every issue - luckily they are so many that not many people are chasing them down all at the same time like the sportwriters for the Post or Gazette....

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to me at the end of all his articles it more of an envite than a plea to purchase at his store .......

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
For a fishing store owner...I never felt he was telling me a mistruth just to sell me something and I have known Giles for 20 years...he was always free with the information (except he wont tell me where a certain creek is that routinely appears in his photos of large brookies and browns)...he is passionate about the outdoors...about people in general...is a war vet...tells the best stories...has forgetten more about fishing spots in the Cameron Pass area than any body living knows...the man is the salt of the earth...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
his articles are a mainstay, but what is going on with that mag they have gone through like 4 editors in the last year. and they have like 3 guys that seem to just call every one around to get reports on certain lakes,they must be paid by the lake. some of their reports are getting to be a joke. you can really tell they they are just trying to get as many out there as they can..giles actually writes an article. i always seem to read his first. we fish a lot of places that he writes about anyway..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If you go there, give yourself at least an hour or so, he'll talk your ear off ;). What a great guy! Thank goodness there are still afew "bait" shops still around. (even though he doesn't sell bait.)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I admit to actually 'reading' Giles as opposed to just 'skimming' the others. I don't know all that much about the Poudre Canyon and NE mountains so I enjoy it for that reason alone. His homesy style is actually kind of welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts