Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Gave him an A-, only because he was hamstrung by the completely ghey play calling.

Gheys in the NFL should not be allowed by the way, they may offend Tebow in the shower... ::)

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Hard to find many things he did wrong
Agreed, but it's hard to give him a grade since he was so hamstrung by the conservative play-calling. He wasn't really given the opportunity to go out and "win" the game when a QB "comeback" was called for.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
B if they won, C cause he did okay. Great running, to be expected. When the pocket collapsed, he looked to run instead of checking his 3rd and greater option too quickly, imo. And yes, the playcalling was pretty bad. Bring on Jeremy Bates.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I gave him a "B".

It was above average for a QB's first NFL start. He didn't make a bunch of stupid mistakes as one might expect, was poised, made some good throws, and was a ray of hope for the future. It wasn't great, but it was pretty good!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
LOL, Maybe Tebow should serve some time, and learn to play QB like Vick did... ;D

All kidding aside, it was his first start as a rook, and he didn't blow it by making mistakes that most rooks make.

He's known as a "running" QB, would you expect him to make those check downs knowing that? As well as the obvious fact that it was his first start, and he wanted to be the reason the team wins....

All opinions though. I was definitely surprised and not disappointed like I thought I'd be...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Solid B
He did what was called for - some passes were a bit high tho- he's got legs and can use them - and did.

A nice change

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I give him a B. Good game... WAY too many crap QB run plays. His throw looked a bit better and he seemed under control. You gotta love playing with energy and spirit which he did. I think he was only 8-16 in completions, but not horrible. He looked a little lost at times, but I think that is to be expected.

His passing timing and decision making can still use help. I also noticed he looked right at the receivers he was throwing to a little long at times, but that too will change as he settles in.

Good rookie start. Good poise. Decent numbers. Very good running although too much called. I was happy overall with what I saw. I hope they stay with him for the rest of the season so he can get some experience.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, please get a decent defensive coordinator!

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
I didn't get to see the game, so all I can go by is numbers and reports. Tim Tebow (well, Denver Broncos) put up 23 points in Oakland. Good first start from what I gather. Problem is......

Denver Donkeys lost the season series to Oakland 98 - 37, so Tebow & the offense really aint the problem. Denver gave up 16 more 4th quarter points today, a trend that continues.....

I agree with those who want some "D"

BHR

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Gave him an A-
Sounds good here. Don't hardly see how you could score him lower than that. Monster 40-yard TD run (& almost 80 yards rushing), far better-than-expected passing -- including a second dropped touchdown right in the bread basket, infectious will to win & leadership, toughness, & no interceptions -- in fact few if any mistakes. Guess I can withhold a half-grade since the play-calling didn't ask him to do more throwing (though of course that wasn't his fault).

Don't know if he can keep it up, but I'd like to see him continue to play well and build on this positive start.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
McDummy would still have his job if he would of started him...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts