Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to spend some time fishing over Thanksgiving and boy did it pay off. I walk up, second cast; BAM 31" Flathead, had my ultra light bent over good and taking drag on 6lb test. The other guys down there were looking at me like who the F is this, lol!

Next I found the Whites; kind of funny - I was catching them on wigger point, lol!! Only in Kansas right. I saw surfacing fish clear in the back of the cove right on shore and thought well, maybe I'll catch a bluegill. First cast I got hit and thought I was into a big crappie, but it was a white. I knew what that meant - more!! So I hammered down on em for a while. These fish a re so fun to catch.

Not a bad start to the holiday break.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to head east.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
The whites would of been a blast on an ultralight...the catfish off the chain...that takes some skill on 6 lb test...good work!

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
It's great bud, I learned a ton when I fished the KWA out there a while back.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Its fishing how did you find out about any other place...swap naked pics of Ninja!

Plus there is the best lake in the region even closer to your house...you can get your first 10 lb trout of your life below the dam there...course you would have to get out of the Slayer play book seasonal calendar comfort zone and take a few lumps...heck I told u to go there just blame it on the Zcurse...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!

AO, you and I are always going out that way - maybe we should save some gas some time and make a trip together?

Z - I have had a heck of a fall with my Fenwick ultra light 71/2" pole, presidential reel, and 6lb test. Caught a monster smallie, 23" eye, that flathead, and wait until you see my next posts from Kansas. I only get in trouble when the fish take me in the timber/rocks.

Pikster, I have heard of some monsters coming out of the KWA - I know they catch stripers and all sorts of fish out of areas of the KWA. I'll hit it up one day.

Slayer, let's go - like AO, I'm getting to know some pretty good areas out there; and I might have a few private waters to check out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts