Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a college buddy who bought a house on Glendo and has been wanting me to come up for a couple of years. I hadn't been there for seven years so I was really excited to be going! I left Monday and drove thru rain and snow all the way there. When I got there it was rainy and cold so we just got drunk and watched the Chiefs game. The next morning we woke to the dreaded Blue Bird skies and zero wind:mad: As you can imagine the fishing sucked big time!!! The fish were stacked up on the bottom in 25-35 feet and really negative. Just as I found them my Terrova shorted out and I had no way to stay over them. Then almost on cue, the wind started howling like it always does up there:'( Finally around 1 pm we found a stretch loaded with fish north of Sandy beach. We put down 4-6 colors of leadcore and just pounded our cranks into mud bottom. It was tedious but we caught four including a 28 incher that weighed 8.5 lbs.

Wednesday we woke up to horrendous winds and the whole lake was one big white cap. I went up to the dam and just trolled a big circle in the only semi-calm water on the whole lake. Around 1 pm the wind direction change and it gave us an area on the east wall down to almost Sandy beach that was kind of safe, lol. Fish were up in 3-8 feet of water facing the current hammering Emerald Shiners. We ran our planer boards up against the bank with only 30 feet of line behind the planer and caught nine eyes from 17-22 inches. So we were able to pull it out a little at the end, but not great by Glendo standards.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1488933997856919&set=pcb.1488934087856910&type=3&theater

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've launched about 100 days between guiding and tournaments this year I wanted to do something different and fish a big water. Glendo fish are tanks!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Neal, hows your buddy like living up there? Been looking for walleye spot to retire, some neat places around Glendo. of course the wind is an issue lol.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bob he loves it! There are two nice houses for sell in his neighborhood right. His is very comfortable and has a great view of the lake. I am going to offer guide trips next summer during predetermined periods at Glendo.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hey Bob he loves it! There are two nice houses for sell in his neighborhood right. His is very comfortable and has a great view of the lake. I am going to offer guide trips next summer during predetermined periods at Glendo.
awesome Neal, will give you a little break from the grind at the same lake over and over. Wheres your buddys place on the lake? allot of cool neighborhoods around the lake.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome Neal, will give you a little break from the grind at the same lake over and over. Wheres your buddys place on the lake? allot of cool neighborhoods around the lake.
Off that Lakeshore drive behind Reno. There were two nice homes in there for sale right now.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
thanks Tony looks like a cool spot. I have 3 granddaughters in Northern Colorado thus Wyoming is close for Gramma lol. You from that area? Going back when retired?
Yeah Bob I grew up on that lake as a youngster and get back there as often as possible. We are retiring in Livingston Mt about 150 yards from the Yellowstone but if I have my way I'll be at the Silos! LOL!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Your buddy lives on the lake but u gotta drag your boat all the way up there?

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I like fishing out of my own boat, I will pull it long way even if free seat in friends boat, control freak I guess;D
Me too, but I don't mind someone else being the captain. Then all I gotta do is fish!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts