Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent a week "up North' lol!
Had GREAT fishing once We figured Em out...
I had NEVER caught Walleyes in 3 ft of water...
BUT, thats where They were, tucked in tight among the Cottonwoods.
Average fish was 20"+...... My Buddy got a 27" AND a 25" (released)
My biggest was 23"
We all lost a BUNCH of jigs to snags, branches, and SMART FISH..
Of Course, I had left My "front mount" trolling motor in the shed at home...:confused:
It was tough "backtrolling" amongst those Cottonwoods...:eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used to take a few trips to Glendo every year, and have not since 2009. Walleye fishing there is great, but they don't like out of staters very much (especially us "Greenie's). I have been treated poorly at other lakes in Wyoming and Nebraska, but Glendo tops the list for making this Colorado angler feel unwanted (Big Mac is a close second). Over the past few years I have put my time and energy into better learning of our Colorado walleye lakes!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice!

I used to take a few trips to Glendo every year, and have not since 2009. Walleye fishing there is great, but they don't like out of staters very much (especially us "Greenie's). I have been treated poorly at other lakes in Wyoming and Nebraska, but Glendo tops the list for making this Colorado angler feel unwanted (Big Mac is a close second). Over the past few years I have put my time and energy into better learning of our Colorado walleye lakes!
Never been to Glendo but Mac can be pretty bad.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Yep 5 to 7 was too deep last sunday...had to be 3 or 4 feet deep...never fished that way before...reminded me of swamp people episodes in some areas back in Muddy...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep 5 to 7 was too deep last sunday...had to be 3 or 4 feet deep...never fished that way before...reminded me of swamp people episodes in some areas back in Muddy...
Hell Mark, We got there Sun. afternoon (7th) Stayed at Bennett...
We figured everyone would leave by 1:00 pm...
HA HA !!
with 35% of campsites flooded... We were all on top of each other.:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts