Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent the weekend at Glendo for the Walleye Central Get-Together. What a great bunch of guys! (do you sence my sarcasim)? After seven months notice and planning only Work2fish and I showed up >: Thanks for actually doing what you said you would Mike! I had a good time and appreciate you not leaving me up there with my thumb up my ###

Now to the fishing! It really sucked!!!!!! Two days and one 16 inch walleye that actually shook off at the boat, to add insult to injury. Mike and I trolled cranks or slabbed every spot i know there to no avail. We did catch a ton of carp and perch though :mad: I have never seen a place that is so choked full of bait in my life! I was snagging Shad and small perch all the time. There must be a couple of billion half inch Gizzard shad in there? Your sonar is almost black  where ever you go.

Glendo used to be my favorite lake, but I can't deal with the Carp ??? They are everywhere by the thousands! I finally out of desperation went to #9 Shad Raps with 150 feet out on my linecounter to try to get away from them! No luck, they slammed the #9s also?

Anyway if you need a Walleye fix I strongly suggest anywhere but there! Maybe Glendo would be a good fall choice, but right now the fishing sucks!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dang it Neal, sorry to hear about the lack of support fo the gathering, it's almost unbelievable;  Thank God for Work2fish!

Hang in there bro, maybe goodluck all come to ya next time, out twice over.

D

·
0 Posts
That's a real shame, Neal. Sorry you put in all that work, planning, and vacation time for naught.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had fun, so don't feel to sorry for us!

Usually we have about 35 people each year. It was dissapointing for me because I look forward to seeing everyone each year!

If ? I plan number seven it will be somewhere other than Wyoming! Time for a change of location and cast! LOL.

D

·
0 Posts
How about Flaming Gorge???

You could call it the Walleye Central Western Lake Trout Get Together?

·
Registered
16,687 Posts
Theres prolly a reason that nobody went-the fishing s*cks there! I love ice fishing glendo,wallys and perch and cats.Although with all the food,icing will prolly [email protected] also.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be the best Perch fishing this ice season in a long time? This was the sixth Get-Together and i have been going there 10 years now. I have never seen this many Perch! By winter most of those SHad will die off also!

D

·
0 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Theres prolly a reason that nobody went-the fishing s*cks there! I love ice fishing glendo,wallys and perch and cats.Although with all the food,icing will prolly [email protected] also.
Neal,
Slayer hit the nail on the head. The word has been out all year that Glendo is in a down cycle (90% of eyes are between 12 and 15 inches). The next few years should be good as that size class grows. The fishing conditions had little to do with me not showing up. We planned a Pueblo skiing outing that I forgot about and since my family and about 4 others were coming, I had to bail on the GT.

I am suprised that only two showed up though. I thought you'd have more than that.

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that nobody showed up.  At least you got out.  I was stuck working.  Work2Fish is a true man of his words though.  He showed up and supported the club even after I told him the fishing stunk.  Maybe he was looking forward to the carps slamming his crankbaits too.

I was there on the 9th of August and only caught 1 walleye and 3 carp.  It's not like I was targeting the carp.  These carp were slamming my Rapala's.  They weren't accidently snagged.  I never knew carp were on the top of the food chain now.  Maybe they ate all the walleye.

At least the walleye was of pretty decent size (26").  Not bad for a Glendo eye. 

I'll have to agree with Neal.  Not worth the trip especially with the price of gas and fees if you are after the fish.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
THats a pretty walleye man.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
mcfly said:
Sorry to hear that nobody showed up. At least you got out. I was stuck working. Work2Fish is a true man of his words though. He showed up and supported the club even after I told him the fishing stunk. Maybe he was looking forward to the carps slamming his crankbaits too.
But, McFly, it was your walleye picture that made me want to get up there and catch one! ;) I guess now we know who the better fisherman is...

That is a nice fish, now where did you really catch it?

:D

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
There is a hint of leaves in the upper left corner of McFly's picture...McFlyGuy?!...

Actually nice looking fish!...

M

·
0 Posts
See that is why I put dates on my pictures. So there is no question to the truth.

However, Mcflyguy does sound pretty good. I like it. I think I'm going to change my name to McflyLieGuy.

Thanks for the compliments, however it was just being at the right time and right place. I don't think 11am qualifies as a right time, but I'll take the right place if it comes with a fish.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
The date and the leaves were digitally put in those pictures. He also altered the coats to look like T-shirts.... J/K..

NICE!!

1eyeReD&somewhatGreenwithEnvy

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ofcourse the fishing sucks up there now, cause Eyeguy caught them all

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
roadkill said:
ofcourse the fishing sucks up there now, cause Eyeguy caught them all
Yep... During the early Spring when the leaves were really dark green!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts