Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never fished the lake. Thinking of trying for Walleye up there. When is a good time of year to go? Is it worth the trip? thx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the timeline! "Scourge", i.e. combat fishing? Last summer on Flaming Gorge a fisherman piloted his boat withing 10 feet of mine. Yeah we were catching kokes.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Appreciate the timeline! "Scourge", i.e. combat fishing? Last summer on Flaming Gorge a fisherman piloted his boat withing 10 feet of mine. Yeah we were catching kokes.
They don't like us "Greenies".

Actually most of the Wyo guys I've dealt with are pretty cool, but there's always a few grumpo's out there.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I never feel very welcome in Wyoming. That said, it doesn't stop me from going! It's been a decade since I've been to glendo, but we did well in early June.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I fish Glendo often. I haven't caught any huge fish, but some nice eating size eyes, and the catfish are good eating from there too. Water level fluctuates a lot through the summer. There are a lot of game and fish people there, and they are always watching for greenies. May and June are best.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
A few years back, We had waited till Noon to get there on a Sunday till all the "locals" had left....
We were at Bennett Hill and just started to set up camp when a WYO plated One Ton Diesel PU pulls up, towing about a 40' 5th Wheel, with a 21' lund Tyee... The Guy opens His door and Two BIG Rottwielers jump out and head straight towards us growling and acting all aggressive... The Guy opens His window and tells Us We are in "HIS" spot..... Yeah, Right.....
I tell Him... "sorry dude, We're all set up.... We were here first".
He says He likes to park where We are so He can watch His boat when he beaches it in the afternoon....
I told Him to move two spots down, where the view was about the same...
So... He sets up just above the hill from Us and every morning He walks to His boat right through our area with His 2 Dogs who proceed to stop and **** about 50' from Our camp.... AND.. he returns the same route, never stopping to chat, say Hi, say whats up?... etc, etc.... He's always carrying a large bag of fish back to His 5th wheel....
The second afternoon, my Buddy had had enough....
Here he comes, beaches His boat, and here comes the Rott's...
My Bud throws an M-80 in the grass right behond the Dogs as They stop to piss.... BOOM! Those two dogs ran SO far away.... We were all laughing and hootin and hollering....
That afternoon, here comes the Wyo. Parks people.... questioning Us about the incident, which we all denied.... They check all Our coolers, fridges, etc. for fish limits....
We were all good to go... I told Them that They should check "That guy over there, up on the Hill"
Needless to say, as They approached Him, He and His Wife were scrambling and hiding plastic bags rather furiously....
They were there for a good 45 mins.... I'm sure he got nailed for illegal fish....
He was gone when We returned from the lake the next Morning... Luckily, We have One guy who remains in camp to watch our stuff, or I'm sure he woulda fk-ed up something of Ours....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'd think folks would be more polite up there, I believe Wyoming is a carry state. Maybe the Vet plates on my truck will give me some luck. Based on the great info here I'll plan for May/June and avoid the weekend craziness. Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
The second afternoon, my Buddy had had enough....
Here he comes, beaches His boat, and here comes the Rott's...
My Bud throws an M-80 in the grass right behond the Dogs as They stop to piss.... BOOM! Those two dogs ran SO far away.... We were all laughing and hootin and hollering....
No wonder they don't like "greenies." I would have been pissed. Maybe just talk to the guy next time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
No wonder they don't like "greenies." I would have been pissed. Maybe just talk to the guy next time.
x10... I would have kicked yours and your buddies ass if those had been my dogs.
I always thought you were a douche canoe... now I know you are.

·
Registered
902 Posts
x10... I would have kicked yours and your buddies ass if those had been my dogs.
I always thought you were a douche canoe... now I know you are.
So it's cool for a 100 pound mutt to take a 10 pound **** next to your camp?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
If there's a problem, I'd say there are better ways to deal with the situation. Got a problem with the dogs owners..why take it out on the dogs? If someone's an ass...Acting like an ass yourself is no better.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
You'd think folks would be more polite up there, I believe Wyoming is a carry state. Maybe the Vet plates on my truck will give me some luck. Based on the great info here I'll plan for May/June and avoid the weekend craziness. Thanks all!!!
I bet I have been there about 50 times in the last 20 years and no one has ever messed with my stuff. I like to go into the Saloon in Glendo and just hang out with the locals. Really good people.

If you want to catch fish from2-5 lbs I can't think of a better place! Not that there aren't big fish there also!

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
No that is not cool at all, but is it the dogs fault? Were they trained to dump near a greenie? I doubt it very much unless they were very talented dogs! The blame goes on the owner not the dogs!!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
If there's a problem, I'd say there are better ways to deal with the situation. Got a problem with the dogs owners..why take it out on the dogs? If someone's an ass...Acting like an ass yourself is no better.
Is there really any talking to those holier than thou who "own" camp ground spots? I'm sure dude knows the dogs have to **** in the morning before getting on the boat. Why not have them **** on the guys who stole his spot?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
An old story...A guy pulls into a new town and stops at a local diner. He asks his waitress.."I'm thinking of moving here..what are the people like?" The waitress asks him. "What were the people like where you came from?" He responds. "Ah, they were total jerks. Couldn't stand them." She responds. Well, the people are basically the same here."

A couple of hours later, another man goes into the diner. He too asks the waitress. "I'm thinking of moving here." What are the people like?" She asks again.."What were the people like where you came from?" He responds. Loved them. The salt of the earth..really hate having to move. She replies. "Well, the people are basically the same here."

1 - 20 of 74 Posts