Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Glendo last Fri. & Sat. and got skunked. :'( We fished there last year and did pretty good. Everyone else in my boat caught wallys but me, I guess I was the guide. Our group caught a couple 21" 3.5 lb, an 18" and several smaller. The quality of fish up there was good, but it seems like they were scattered about (surface water temp. 58). Tryed trolling, drifting, casting towards shore in brush and rocks with not to much happening. I caught my first two carp but I tell you what those things taste like crap. See Ya

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Ken, we never caught more than one fish in a spot. 1 in Muddy,1 in Airport, 1 near Reno cove, 1 near Sandy beach & a couple others. Yeah I still had a great time, I love to net other peoples fish in my boat. ;D 23.5" is a nice fish, what did it weigh? Those fish up there have a good average size to them, unlike around here. I just started fishing for Walleye last year so I still got alot of figuring out to do. See Ya

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey,
Im headed up there for a camping trip in 2 weeks. The only thing I have ever caught there are catfish. Which I love catching, but haven't done that well the last few times. Usually 1 a nite. Any fishing tips would be greatly appreciated. I will be at sandy beach and do have a boat. If my little girls could get into some fish it would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
I've only fished in the fall and on the ice at glendo.In the fall we were catchin cats on sucker meat on the sandy bottom near the dam.Caught bunches of 'em!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems getting into walleye at Glendo. Drift a bottom bouncer with a white/chartreuse Twister and a leach in about 16-20' near points or along the dam. Drifting usually isn't a problem either as their is almost always some breeze. I've found they don't really start hitting with any consistancy until 11:30am-noon. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts