Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be spending afew days out at Glendo. Was wondering if any one has been up there recently, or have heard anything??

John

·
Registered
362 Posts
A buddy of mine was there for the 4th fishing for cats and said he caught a few small ones. Sorry I know this probably doesn't help much. He also said that it was very crowded.

D

·
0 Posts
JohnnyO19 said:
Will be spending afew days out at Glendo. Was wondering if any one has been up there recently, or have heard anything??

John
With the CWA tourney coming up next weekend, I'd bet responses are going to brief, limited or nonexistant. I have heard that the water is dropping about 8 inches per day and that is making the fish (walleye - of course) move alot. Therefore they are harder to find. A friend spent some time there over the 4th and limited each day but the fish were nothing that would win a tournament, just eating size fish. I'll be up there this Sat and Sun and again the end of next week and weekend. I'll PM you next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Johnny O:
We went up last Thursday and it was very slow. One 18" wallie and two smaller ones we through back. The lake looks great, water is about 69 degrees, and there are fish on the radar. I think drifting days are past us. Try trolling in 20-30' of water with rapalas/fat raps/shad raps. It's a great lake. Good luck.

T

·
0 Posts
i drove by on 6/24 and again on 7/2. the lake looked really full compared to the few time over the past few years i went by it. most boats were fishing at the upper north end. hope that helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
JohnnyO, fished Glendo on the 27th and 28th. Fishing was slow with nothing over 19in. Best luck was after dusk, trolling clown colored rattletraps at about 2 mph. Long lining on the Northwest end of the lake by whiskey gulch. Didn't see a bunch being caught either. We tried jigging (no luck), bottom bouncing (again no luck) and even dunked a crawler (no luck). We have an older deep-V aluminum witha wimpy 60hp outboard that kept us close to camp so we didn't get to try much of the lake. We kept 3 fish for grubbing, let about a dozen go. All in all, a decent trip to get away from the city lights.
Good luck!
T-Fin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts