Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

God-like tendencies & 5 species day.

3K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  rivrunnr1 
#1 ·
Met up with Brewski at Crack 545am. Spoke to several groups of peeps and they all said "TROLLING-It's the only way".
Picked up Brwski on the end of the dock and dude in a Lund said"TROLLING"!

I decreed "We will catch them MY way- On my rock!

set up for the 1st drift, bam got hit 1st drop. 5 casts later got a keepa.

Blademaster and FOM came by in their boat and they said "trolling"!
move along, nothing to see here-(wink, wink).

pulled another 20"er by 830, then it slowed a little and I thought man it be fun to hook a large carp. LO AND BEHOLD a large carp appeared on the end of my ultra-lite rod 6lb mono. A fight fit for a god ensued and of course I prevailed.::)

We kept drifting trying to stay out of the way of those extremely irritating trollers running willy-nilly all directions all depths -ought to be a freekin LAW!

about 230pm noticed a swallow in distress looked like it had line or something caught on it. big midge hatch going on swallows surrounding the boat at times, best fishing was in the swarms of swallow by the way.

anyway, I declared- I WILL GIVE THE POOR SWALLOW LIFE! He kept swimming in circles, just couldn't get enough airspeed to lift. Took 4 tries but brew finally got the net under it and I checked it out appeared to be nothing amiss just waterlogged. set it on the carpet and it stayed there warming in the sun for about an hour till it slowly perked up and then took off circled the boat to say thank you and joined his buds in the midge feast!

right after the rebirth we caught 6 or 7 walleyes including Toms 20"er.

finally called it a day at 6pm. Totals for the day were Me:24 eyes(2 keeps) , 4 shad, 1 carp, 1 crappie, 1 slimer. 31 total for the mathematically slow.
tom: 7 or 8eyes, 1 keep.

we missed 15 or 20 hits.

It's good to be a God sometimes.

See less See more
#11 ·
Youre 14 hours short of his record of 26 hours straight in a boat...and he came back unscathed too...his hair looked like it he stuck his finger in light socket though...not sure if it was lack of sleep or his first wiper and top water wiper...

Good work using the whippy stick...

#13 ·
We had blast!! Steady action, lot's of laughs, good time!!:biggrin1::thumb:>:D
"Iron Mike" was puttin on a clinic thowin' the steel!! He was kickin some serious ass! It took me a while to get on the board, felt good getting that first one in the boat. Lot's of swings and misses.
And we stayed dry(it was God-like):biggrin1:
Thanks again "Iron Mike"!

#25 ·
I have seen a lot of rumored images of God not one looked like the Wizard of Oz scarecrow holding a walleye!...lololololololololol...the good news you can drink as much keystone as you want and blaze all the lettuce you want cuz according to the movie it wont hurt your brain...bwahahahahaha...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.