Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a baseball saying that goes "Sometimes you have to throw one at the batter's head if he keeps crowding the plate." In other words throwing one at his head will back him off the plate and keep him honest. Well I think God threw one at me last week.

For five days I thought I was done. I thought about my family and how I had lived my life up until then. Long story short, I knew there was room to do better and I asked God for another chance. I could be more appreciative of what I had rather than wasting time thinking about all the things I didnt have. I love my family, but there is always room to love them more. And then one day, a friend of mine sent me a pic on the cellphone. He had caught a fish and held it in his hand. It was a small fish but I when I saw it I understood the simple joy of fishing. Fishing is one of the few sports where it can be more than just the act of tossing a lure or dunking a line. It can be about looking at mountains or the ocean. It can be about just absolute silence on a frozen lake.

Society and just the daily grind of trying to make a living, paying bills, etc etc can wear on a person and turn them into someone they dont want to be. I think God was telling me to back off the plate, regroup, and refocus.

That was ten days ago and I'm still here. Dont get into the situation where God has to throw one at your head to wake you up. It was a miserable five days for me. I didnt sleep one wink. Save yourself the grief and just skip to the part where you try to be a better person for yourself and your family. If I can convince one person to do so, I think it will have been worth it.

p.s I'm gonna fish more.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Amen. And maybe also re-thing the sudden acceleration and break failure around democrats now that you have found yourself. :D As a good friend once told me: the idea of doing myself in crossed my mind before. But I know that, for 8 out of 10 people who may feel sad about my demise, there's probably 2 who might be happy to see me gone. For those 2 people, I'm gonna stick around. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts