Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend showed this program that you can download for free from google. Its really cool...its a graphical representation of directions and such like you find on mapquest. It uses old satilite photos and gives you all this great info like gas stations, hotels, restaurants ect.. I reccomend it if you use the internet to get directions....Does anyone else use this program??

Pondfisher

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I use it on occasion. It has some nice features but like most other sites you have to enter what you are looking for in a particular way or it will not be found.

It needs a high speed connection to work and a fast processor also.

It interfaces well with my gps.

Dan

M

·
0 Posts
WOW

this is the most amazing thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u wont see me asking where a lake is again

the detail is incredible

·
Registered
935 Posts
Pondfisher said:
A friend showed this program that you can download for free from google.  Its really cool...its a graphical representation of directions and such like you find on mapquest.  It uses old satilite photos and gives you all this great info like gas stations, hotels, restaurants ect..  I reccomend it if you use the internet to get directions....Does anyone else use this program??
Yup, I use it try to get an idea of where structure is in some lakes - you can often see underwater humps and thing in satellite photos.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
At work, we've been playing with Google Earth's feature to bring in data from other sources. We have aircraft that are equipped with satcom and we send the position data down to computers on the ground. Then, we integrate this position into google earth and the track plot updates automatically -- check out some of the screen captures.

Takeoff:

Their return flight track (about 3/4 through the flight, red dot is current plane location):

Over Mount Massive:

It's pretty cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Want to see something cool with google earth open google earth then click this link:
Click Here

Its not just for finding fishing spots anymore. >:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts