Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Nice, Striper country, make sure you bleed and ice them quick, they are my wifes favorite smoked, Bullfrogs a lot closer and normally better Wallys up north. Have fun and enjoy the sun burn. We killed the Stripers trolling fast with deep divers. With the low water watch out for reefs.

· Registered
3,592 Posts
We were there a month or so ago, we got 30 something walleyes shallow, random smallmouth and catfish, some nice Crappie and a cooler full of Stripers, everything was spawning then, gulp and power minnows work well, when I get tired of casting I go to jigging if its not red hot when the worn out shoulder and elbow starts aching its time for trolling, not as fun but another tool in the box that at times can be very effective. A few years ago we had over 150 Walleye and most were caught trolling. Down South is big water, good luck.
As far as Stripers not being good to eat the other guys at camp acted like they had the plague until I grilled some well taken care of ones up fresh for happy hour, they changed their tune in a hurry, Stripers are in great shape this year.
Bring some Mussels back to the crack, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.