Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on how to catch the bugeyes at alcova/pathfinder or grey reef? Gonna be there 3 days.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Going so often that you had to make two threads? That is a lot of time in Wyoming man...

Also I am reading a book on trout that is describing the reef and that whole area and how it is managed and the history and everything. Very cool stuff. Are you spin casting or fly fishing?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I hear that eyes are nearly impossible from shore at Alcova. Pathfinder yes but at the inlet is all I know. Tough to get to- you'll never make it in that honda.

Guys catch them below alcova dam. Thats all i know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know you said eyes and not trout, and I don't think you are a flailer, but you may give the bead fishing technique a try at the reef while it is still legal up here (likely to be outlawed next year). A co-worker of mine and his guide buddies have been killing the trout there recently.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nympho - I'm spin fishing....

Slayer - the inlet to alcova looks like it is stacked with walleyes, if you could access it safely. The impossibility is probably why they doubled the limit.... You think jerks or twisters would work?

Hobie - I wish. No room or time...

Theo - imma look into that.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've seen eye's caught from shore at Glendo this time of year with chartruse twisters..
I was up there about 5 years ago during a hellacious wind/thunderstorm and watched these "younger guys" wade out off of the 'Bennet Hill" area....
We laughed at how crazy they were, fishing in that CRAP...
Then, these 3 Guys proceeded to pull in 10 -12 Walleyes, biggest was over 6-7lbs, most were 3-4 lbs..... all on yellow twisters and 1/4 oz. jigheads...
When the storm subsided, so did the fishing....
We quit laughing.....
We started pitching..... to no avail....:mad:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I use to fish the inlet where the mile enters Pathfinder. There always seems to be a bunch in there. I have no idea where the lake actually starts now and the Mile ends?

Glendo would be a good bet right now. The rocky points like Shelter by the Marina all the way to the dam would be a good place to start in the evening. There are crappie in that area also!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Inlet to Alcova is a canyon you gotta boat into. Im a twister kinda guy. Specially from shore.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Depending on how the spawn is going, the northern most bay on Glendo where the Platte comes in can be full of eyes in some pretty skinny water this time of year also.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Actually there is a dike thats east of the main dam at Pathy. I caught eyes there years ago. I have a feeling though that its high and dry now-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts