Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should I try Sucker's Cove, Witcher's Cove or Stoll? Fishing for trout and/or pike. Would like to meet any of you who'll be out there on the ice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have caught a lot of fish at sucker cove this year.   I think they have moved or something.   I think I would try stoll or the chair area.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I called Larry at the Marina store. He says the fishing is good right now. I plan to stop in there around 630 or so to get the latest information. Just off hand I am thinking about either witchers cove or the point between the marina and stoll mountain.

If you see us say hi, 3 guys I'll be wearing a black adidas coat with white stripes, hanging around a Viking shelter.

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to 11-mile yesterday - got blown out literally... We fished Stoll, got one 15" rainbow and several nice hits but then wind blew in about 10AM, my buddy's hut blew over and went across lake, buckets, hats etc. were flying.. Went to Tarrayall but same conditions, called it a day.

A couple of guys at the marina said got they're limit on kokanee in the channel off the Islands hiking from Witchers Cove between 7-9AM.
pink jigs w/mealworm 30' depth 8AM-9:30 then slowing up...

Trout hitting orange jigs w/mealy and kastmasters w/mealy.
Sure wish we'd gone today instead.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Stoll Mountain has been very good to me this year. 15-20fow, glow tubes. Can't beat it!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
We (#1 and #2 sons) went to 11-mile this am fished from 7a-noon. Was at sucker cove. moved around alot trying different depths, presentations etc. Unable to tell if we were over any fish because we took my wifes car for a change and left sonar in my car. Saw very few fish being iced by others. Lots of people on the ice, more arriving at noon very few left.

Weather beautiful, breezy but not overly, my #2 son caught a runaway shelter.

Tried paddle bugs, waxies, mealworms, crawlers, powerbait, rat finkes...........nothing. We kept a couple of whole suckers on 2 of the rods looking for a stray pike. Nothing.

That lake always beats me up. Thats ok, one of these days i will figure it out.

Dan

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was all set up this morning at Lazy Boy and then realized I left my sonar home! Duh. Fished about 10min. then
left all my stuff on the ice and drove home to get it.Caught three bo's,largest 18" on tiny tots.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
coboy said:
I was all set up this morning at Lazy Boy and then realized I left my sonar home! Duh. Fished about 10min. then
left all my stuff on the ice and drove home to get it.Caught three bo's,largest 18" on tiny tots.
Wow, I wouldn't have left my stuff on the ice at 11 mile. The wind there sounds like you very well could've come back with nothing left!
I

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used four 6'' screws through the bottom and got back in less than an hour.Also It was early enough that the sun
was still low.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts