Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam going up to Granby on weds 1/12. I will be alone so if anyone else wants to join up let me know. Iam a bit cautious on trekking out alone on early ice.
Joe

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I have been fishing every day lately and can give you an ice report if I know where you plan on going,the ice ranges from 3"to 8"in the areas I have been with some slushy areas.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A Sharper View said:
Iam going up to Granby on weds 1/12. I will be alone so if anyone else wants to join up let me know. Iam a bit cautious on trekking out alone on early ice.
Joe
Were going to Granby tomorrow as well. Should be up there around 8:00 am.

Haven't decided if we'll use snowmobile access area just past dike 3 or Sunset Point Ramp. Still waiting for some intel. I drive a Silver Dodge Ram.

A slush report from Captain Shuyak would help.

FC

·
Registered
377 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
I might head up as well. Just don't know if the ice is solid enough for the Argo. Deffinately itching 4 some Lakers !
I'd like to see the Argo in action. I spoke with the folks at Budget Tackle today and they said the ice was good everywhere except around the islands. Not sure if good means Argo safe. We'll either be around Fords hump or the Dike 3 Inspiration Ridge areas In a red Quickfish 6.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you go out there be careful a fellow that fished granby this last weekend told me someone went through off the third dike . the ice is only 3 inches and a lot of places I would not suggest using the snowmobiles, the lakers will wait at least 1 more week and you will still be alive.if you do go out please let us know how you do I'm having a serious mac attack >:D

·
Registered
290 Posts
There are some wet spots,slush. Not enough to get stuck in yet. The ice was 3-4" where I was today. Be careful and check it as you go. Bernie

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I haven't checked the dike 3 or inspiration area and would expect about 3" in those areas and fords hump,the bays are 6- 7" and the rest of the lake still around 3" of hard ice and.... what bernie said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts