Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going up early Monday A.M. Let me know if anyone wants to meet . Will probably park out at the end of the point on the West side. Its easy access there, if the snow isn't to deep.
Dan

·
Registered
765 Posts
Man, I wish I could meet you there. That is the second place I would like to try the new Vex. I love that lake. Family committment that day. I want a good report though!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Dan me and mike(Slayer) are almost 100% on hitting the fork monday. It would be great to hook up with you. We will send you a pm if we are going

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was interested in fishing with you tommorow , if you are interested let me know , i have some spawn sacs sucker meat , all the goodies i just dont know were to fish on that lake , thanks

kokaneeking

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be leaving around 4:30 A.M. I see you live close to me. If you want to ride with me your welcome to. I don't have room for another hut, but I can fit anything else you want to bring. Pm me if you want a ride and we'll exchange some info. To others: I've decided to park at the East boat ramp and go from there.
Dan

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was a fairly slow day. I caught 5 and a buddy of mine caught 6 all day. Fished my old reliable in the A.M. and only got a couple. Water was up to 54' from 27' last year. Went over to the point we fished last weekend and the fish were not in 21' like like before. Drilled out to the ridge line and started to catch at 47'. Probably drilled 100 holes, but could not find a good hole. Ice is 10 to 12" thick , with numerous pressure ridges. Traffic in the P.M. sucked! Didn't try for any Pike. Had a big crew with me yesterday. Will post Pics later. Got to work today. Later,
Dan

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Dan, is that "old reliable" the place you so graciously showed me, or another. How was the snow on top? Thinking of heading out there Thurs & Fri.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Did you park on the west, and "drive" accross? did you try in closer to the cliff, in shallower water? sorry to keep nagging you, but it's close to the time where i'll be spending many of days out there, need the jump start! Have you ever fished to the North by the damn? I bet if you parked on the West, the walk wouldn't be to bad. I'll stick with what works 1st, then venture if need be.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drilled holes all the way to shore @ the point. Stays 50' + till you get 100' from shore and then starts to rise rapidly. Tried @ the break and nothing that morning. To the north at the big point at the turn towards the dam can be good.
Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts