Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Mother in law owns a house near Tabernash, Winter Park, and my Wife is soo happy to go for our anniversary that she's letting me FISH!

Now Where should I go and what bait or lures should I use???
Are you sure it's not a trick?? Wife might be testing you ;)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts

Haha..26 years later, I still hear about how I went fishing the day after my second son was born..He was a month past due and my wife had said..It's been more than a month since you've been out. Why don't you go fishing. I'm smarter now than I was then.

A couple of thoughts..

It's not "our" anniversary. It's her anniversary..You're just there to make sure everything goes as planned.

If you don't go fishing on "her" anniversary..you'll earn future fishing credits..much greater than the fishing you'll get to do on "her" anniversary.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Can we start a Fishing Credit exchange? Buy, sell, trade? It will be like the carbon credit exchange, only useful and not completely insane...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
**** em. If she doesn't like ya fishing she aint right for you! Go have fun. There was a report on Williams Fork from the 4th. Sounds like the Macs were good till 3 pm. I'm sure Granby will be Granby and Willow Creek would fish well too. And by the way, I'm married. Happily for 14 years. And my wife is OK with being my sugar mama. :cool:

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Yup I fish all the freekin time and SHE still puts up with me. Been together/married for 28 years. Id go to Gby and work kastys or tubes across from the Arapahoe boat ramp. Or The cliffs toward inspiration point. Lots of rocks/snags but worth it. Work them deep and jig em in.

You need to bring home fish or she wont believe you were fishing.

Lots of guys say theyre goin fishing but hit the bars and get drunk. Actually thats not all bad either.

But fishing is better. You can always get hammered.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Lol at people who let their spouses control them.

Marriage is a compromise, not a dictatorship. Eff that happy wife, happy life bullshit. If she gets mad at you and gives you **** about fishing... Go hit up donindurango and he can tell it best on what you need to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mother in law owns a house near Tabernash, Winter Park, and my Wife is soo happy to go for our anniversary that she's letting me FISH!

Now Where should I go and what bait or lures should I use???
Now that Wife is ready to make the "First Cast" in happiness,
2 Questions, WHERE on Granby, or Grand Lake do YOU have the best luck, and WHERE to fish (from Shore) where I DO NOT have to pay for a Parks Pass to enter ? ????

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup I fish all the freekin time and SHE still puts up with me. Been together/married for 28 years. Id go to Gby and work kastys or tubes across from the Arapahoe boat ramp. Or The cliffs toward inspiration point. Lots of rocks/snags but worth it. Work them deep and jig em in.

You need to bring home fish or she wont believe you were fishing.

Lots of guys say theyre goin fishing but hit the bars and get drunk. Actually thats not all bad either.

But fishing is better. You can always get hammered.
Thanks Slayer!

How about those parking spots along Hwy 34? the gravel turnouts. One of them has a rock cropping next to it...

My wife's Ex used to get drunk off his Ass AND fish, so she hates both! She's coming around since I've been sober a long time and we hooked up with the agreement to never drink ever!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Thanks Slayer!

How about those parking spots along Hwy 34? the gravel turnouts. One of them has a rock cropping next to it...

My wife's Ex used to get drunk off his Ass AND fish, so she hates both! She's coming around since I've been sober a long time and we hooked up with the agreement to never drink ever!
I'd be careful with that statement. that could be any number of handles on this forum!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd be careful with that statement. that could be any number of handles on this forum!
LOL! I Bet!

Now what do you think of those shoreline turnouts along the highway ?

I also heard the Spillout (Shadow Mtn) is great too. I'll park at the dam (if they don't harass me for $$$) for the right spot, I'd pay the money for the National Forest access that our great grandparents already paid for!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
LOL! I Bet!

Now what do you think of those shoreline turnouts along the highway ?

I also heard the Spillout (Shadow Mtn) is great too. I'll park at the dam (if they don't harass me for $$$) for the right spot, I'd pay the money for the National Forest access that our great grandparents already paid for!

Grand lake will be your best bet if you want free access.

Shadow mtn, and granby are fee areas. Even if you pull off the highway to fish.

And even so... It's 5 bucks, just pay the fee..,,

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Dike 1 I dont think you have to pay if you park on the dam and walk down...light braid with a floro leader and 1/2 ounce jigs with 5 inch white flukes...cast as far as you can let it sink to the bottom without getting snagged and swim back with a steady retrieve...move until you find fish...they can be stacked there this time of the year...bunches of 16 to 22 inch fish...if you get a big one remember catch and release...big fish can be 20 to 40 years old and deserve to be released...GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Yah it dont matter where you park the way its written if you "use" the area you must pay.
So technically even if you walk in you must pay.

That said the best areas are away from the hwy. If you are too cheap to pay then I dont know what to tell you.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts