Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Going to Wp this weekend, Granby? Where else 2 Fish?

7K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  Zman 
#1 ·
Mother in law owns a house near Tabernash, Winter Park, and my Wife is soo happy to go for our anniversary that she's letting me FISH!

Now Where should I go and what bait or lures should I use???

#6 ·
Haha..26 years later, I still hear about how I went fishing the day after my second son was born..He was a month past due and my wife had said..It's been more than a month since you've been out. Why don't you go fishing. I'm smarter now than I was then.

A couple of thoughts..

It's not "our" anniversary. It's her anniversary..You're just there to make sure everything goes as planned.

If you don't go fishing on "her" anniversary..you'll earn future fishing credits..much greater than the fishing you'll get to do on "her" anniversary.

#11 ·
**** em. If she doesn't like ya fishing she aint right for you! Go have fun. There was a report on Williams Fork from the 4th. Sounds like the Macs were good till 3 pm. I'm sure Granby will be Granby and Willow Creek would fish well too. And by the way, I'm married. Happily for 14 years. And my wife is OK with being my sugar mama. :cool:

#12 · (Edited)
Yup I fish all the freekin time and SHE still puts up with me. Been together/married for 28 years. Id go to Gby and work kastys or tubes across from the Arapahoe boat ramp. Or The cliffs toward inspiration point. Lots of rocks/snags but worth it. Work them deep and jig em in.

You need to bring home fish or she wont believe you were fishing.

Lots of guys say theyre goin fishing but hit the bars and get drunk. Actually thats not all bad either.

But fishing is better. You can always get hammered.

#13 ·
Lol at people who let their spouses control them.

Marriage is a compromise, not a dictatorship. Eff that happy wife, happy life bullshit. If she gets mad at you and gives you **** about fishing... Go hit up donindurango and he can tell it best on what you need to do.

#19 ·
Dike 1 I dont think you have to pay if you park on the dam and walk down...light braid with a floro leader and 1/2 ounce jigs with 5 inch white flukes...cast as far as you can let it sink to the bottom without getting snagged and swim back with a steady retrieve...move until you find fish...they can be stacked there this time of the year...bunches of 16 to 22 inch fish...if you get a big one remember catch and release...big fish can be 20 to 40 years old and deserve to be released...GOOD LUCK!

#20 ·
Yah it dont matter where you park the way its written if you "use" the area you must pay.
So technically even if you walk in you must pay.

That said the best areas are away from the hwy. If you are too cheap to pay then I dont know what to tell you.

#27 ·
Trying to figure this out. It's your anniversary..your wife who hates fishing found ya a free place to stay. You don't have to spend any money on booze..and you're worried about paying for a parks pass? Come on Daddy Warbucks..open the wallet..release the moths and park closer to the lake.

#34 · (Edited)
#39 · (Edited)
I would rather eat fresh small lakers than Browns or Rainbows any day, especially out of a lake loaded with Mysis Shrimp, much better smoked also. Some would rather eat wormy bluegills and cesspool eyes.:eek:
Good tips for dike 1, if you park on private property you don't need to pay. I only charge a beer for parking.

#44 · (Edited)
What I have noticed is the large ones do taste terrible and all are poorer quality from lakes without shrimp like Blue mesa and the gorge.
Places like Granby and Taylor are the best, they are very mild tasting with no fishy taste, with the right omega 3s for a healthy heart ;). I like oily fish, just had King salmon for lunch and the oil was pouring out of it.

#46 ·
arguing with mark about lakers is like having a discussion with him explaining the merits of john elway. some things you aren't gonna change your mind on.

lake trout are delicious, and according to a few studies... have the same if not more of the omega 3's that salmon have. i plan on doing my part in curbing the exploding laker populations of the middle park lakes this fall/winter season. :D

#49 · (Edited)
I never would waste the money on a Horseface jersey...we did win a the grand prize at a sportsbar one time...a little football shaped grill that we traded down for the lifesize elway cardboard standee...we were a table of bronco haters in a little alcove at the sports bar we used the elway standee for a fork target...you had to throw them just right to get them to stick...that almost started a riot on a football sunday...I iook him home my wife found him a matching pair of panties and a handbag...Elway went camping and fishing all over the state...have some good pics of him...one with the Fox Puck Girls posing with him at Big Mac b4 an avs game...we used him for kindling one night camping to start a fire...he was pretty beat up by then...he was always the last thing thrown in in the back of the pick up on camping trips...pick him up by the mid section hoist him over your head and say JOHN GET IN THE TRUCK and heave him head first...he sailed like a good paper airplane...almost blew away a couple of times in south and north park wind storms...lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.