Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Golden alive and well!

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dankuhh 
#1 ·
Fished golden ponds. I saw shad, sunfish, carp and bass. Caught 5 in an hour and then it went dead. Big fish was 3lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
What is this FXR? Way to blast a small pond man LMFAO

Just kidding man,... nice healthy looking LM there.

Super stained water = Chatterbaits for me,... although maybe still a bit early for reaction bites. Jigs with rattles maybe?

#12 ·
The ponds are artificial lures only and the minimum length is 15". The bigger fish in those lakes are pretty smart. Be prepared to catch short illegal fish if you are out for a meal. I should also note that I've been doing very well at waters north and south of Denver so by no means is golden the best place to be fishing right now. I managed 19 fish at another spot the day before in 2 hours. My post was meant to update that the ponds still have fish so that no one wasted a long drive. I'll stick to my better lakes and avoid the crowds as the parking lot was completely full the day I went. Also got checked for my fishing license.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.