Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some soccer in the morning, headed up to Golden Gate for a quick trip. Got there 11:30, left at about 3:30. Started at Slough since i have never fished there before. Very shallow. First holes were at 2 feet, finally found 4 feet. Did catch a couple, including one decent sized bow. Ice there was about 10 inches or so.

Went over to Kriley. A couple others fishing. Caught some more bows, including 3 better ones that some of the tiny ones in between. Probably caught 10 total. Ice here was less than slough, maybe 6-8 inches. Still fine. MOst fish caught on small jigs with mealworms, sitting on bottom. Very light bite...used the Mr. Ice and Ice buster bobbers and they helped a lot. Light layer of snow covering both lakes.

Did see the State Parks Ranger bust a couple guys fishing there for keeping more than the limit. I think they had 9 between them. Heard him say they get a $35 ticket, plus points on their license.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I took two of my kids to Slough today (Monday, 20th) and fished from 12:30 to 2:00. Just caught one rainbow and one little sucker, but it was still fun times. I caught both on Swedish Pimple tipped with wax worm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone been up to Golden Gate lately? Im looking to go up this weekend and was curious if there was still ice left after this tropical heat wave we have been having.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Went up there about a week ago. Ice is still good (about 10-12"). I didn't stay up there long
enough to give much of a report on the fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts