Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished slough and caught around thirty rainbows and also i caught some suckers to use for lake trout tommorow , i was using a pink ratso with a wax worm  and i was also using my aqua view camara, saw lots of trout, the ice is very thick around 20 inches , nothing huge avarage fish is around 10 inches i caught 15 inch rainbow

·
Registered
863 Posts
awesome I been wanting to go here really bad and check it out I was planning on it today however my woman got het wisdom teeth pulled out last thurs. and is still feelin pretty bad so I have to stay home maybe tomorrow I hope!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
i fished kriley this afternoon for about two hours. i caught ten rainbows between 4" and 12" i caught them in 8 fow right in front of the drainage pipe on the dam. i tried mealworms but couldn't get a bite so i switched to pieces of nightcrawlers and started getting bites. it was a little breezy so hard to see bites. i looked through my tacklebox and found some little balsa floats i got a long time ago. i set them about a foot off the bottom and could see every bite. who knew? i learned something new. also, i caught three little suckers for next saturday. all in all a nice afternoon ;D

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Pitbull --- I'm going there tomarrow. I'll be w/ my wife and 6 month old daughter. Or just look for the guy who has no idea what he's doing. (I've never ice fished before)

Kokaneeking or afishman --- any tips ? I'm going to Bass Pro Sops 1st.

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey james like i said fish about a foot off the bottom 20 feet on out from the drainage pipe at kriley thats the second and biggest lake just get yourself a package of differrent ice jigs and tip them with a small piece of nightcrawler or use a plain hook and salmon eggs. get yourself a small bobber or strike indicators and be prepared for wind. good luck and if you want to know anything else let me know ;D

·
Registered
863 Posts
james.......I might be out there tomorrow id be in a blue jeep wrangler Ill look for the guy scratching his head!!lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
james and pitbull good luck, i would use small jigs with either a wax worm or nigtcrawlers, if the big pond gets slow , go to the smaller one

·
Registered
863 Posts
cool thx koke!! hey james what time you plan on bein there?? I am most likely gonna go...probably 90% sure however I dont have a auger sooo.....is it possible I could use yours?? Ill even drill your holes for ya if ya let me use it to punch some through for myself...so let me know!

·
Registered
288 Posts
We got out on Kriley about 7:00 AM and fished until about 1:30 PM.  It was incredibly windy in the morning but died down as noon approached and more people showed up.  We fished in about 8 feet of water just out from the drainage pipe and between 3 of us caught about 40 fish. If you came out later and fished here, you probably used our holes. some suckers and very small rainbows but a few 10 to 12 inches.  Be very careful as you approach the drain pipe as the ice gets very thin there.  We used yellow and white teardrops tipped with a piece of mealworm and couldnt keep the fish off.  Spring bobbers worked very well in the windy conditions. 

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
we went up to golden gate yoday alot of people fishing kriley so we tried slough and caught alot of rainbows and i caught 3 suckers i kept for lake trout very windy the wind was terrible

·
Registered
863 Posts
well I finally made it up to this place today when I arrived around 1:00 pm there was quite a few ppl fishing Kriley so I decided to give Slough a shot went down there the was 2 other ppl fishing who left when I got there so I setup....it was real windy all day long ice was pretty thick on Slough I would say anywhere from 12-16 inches ended up catchin 5 there on peices of worms on a hook with a split shot...it was startin to get kinda slow and cold where I was at so I decided to hit Kriley as the sun was still beating on it so it felt alot nicer so went up there met a guy who was catchin quite a few on salmon eggs and he left and gave me the jar of eggs so I rigged up one of my poles with some eggs then startin gettin hits every few minutes or so if not less on the eggs caught another 5 there and started to get dark so I called it a day so today ended up catchin 9 8-12 inch rainbows and 1 sucker...the ice on Kriley didnt seem anywhere near as thick as it did on Slough I would say Kriley was about 8-12 inches thick it varied in different spots....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts