Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pella got crushed in the flood... does anyone know if the golden ponds also got ruined as they are not far from pella. I'll be up in the area tomorrow morning and was curious if they are still worth fishing. I will report back if I end up fishing there tomorrow.

thanks

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What exactly happened to these ponds during the flood that destroyed them, were the fished washed out, too much pollution or something? I went to the simpson ponds today with hardly any luck, clearly tons of flood damage.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
What exactly happened to these ponds during the flood that destroyed them, were the fished washed out, too much pollution or something? I went to the simpson ponds today with hardly any luck, clearly tons of flood damage.
The dams got broken at pella, most of ponds pretty much have no water in em now. Other places got filled in with silt. I have been up to golden since. ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. I just moved here from Texas and fished Golden Ponds today. Having a gold #2 blue fox on the end of my spinning reel I managed to bring in 5 bass at about 4 inches each haha! Maybe its my presentation which is tailored to golf course ponds for largemouths?

I moved here about 2 weeks ago but its obvious the water level in pond 1 is down and judging by the concrete like paths around ponds 2 and 3, I think its over pressured.

Pond 1 seems silted out and the dam must be washed out.

Made the drive to Estes Park Lake and my girlfriend landed a beautiful rainbow. Maybe its worth the drive to Estes Park?

Everything seems very damaged from the floods. Roads, ponds, lakes, rivers, and streams. I hope this area can recover soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts