Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by during lunch for some trout action. I fished all three ponds. Stayed for about 2 hours. Caught over a dozen bluegills at the farthest pond. I was useing bead heads and midges. Wish I would of had my camera. Caught 2 gills at one time. It's been a long time since that happen to me. Saw some really big bass swimming around but no sign of tigers today. It was a fun trip. To bad I did'nt have my camera.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Fisher32, how long have you been fishing these lakes? My wife and me just recently strted, and our fishing has been sporatic.We have caught tons of bluegill, sunfish, perch, and little bass (4-6"). I have caught 2 decent bass, one 14" and one 15". I saw a guy catch an 18" bass just before the storm. And I have caught one baby tiger muskie. It was, if I remember right, (memory sucks! :p) 16". How have you done? What have you used? What lakes have you fished? What lake do you suggest? THANKS A LOT!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have'nt been fishing them long. Maybe 5 years. If you caught that many fish in there your probably doing something rite. I mainly go for trout. Just to kill time. There's a lake just east of there called Calkins (Union), it's a pretty good wiper fishery.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah, I know Union. Got into some big cats there this year. Biggest was a 10 lber. Still nice. I gotta get back over to Golden Ponds. I fished it before, during, and after the storm and it didn't seem to matter to the fish. I think that could become a nice fishery. Maybe they could put in a few more rainbows and also some brooders for size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts