Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Hope they figured out how to get the y bones out of that.
No need to. That's only a problem for civilized peeps. My 10 year old can eat around it...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I can't view Facebook at work, but I imagine that is of the Asian family that caught the giant pike? They were complaining on Fish Exploiter that it should have been released, if this is the same pic.
Same pic. Dave just wants to get back at me because I disagree with his political views... LAME!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Same pic. Dave just wants to get back at me because I disagree with his political views... LAME!
I got a not so nice reply to my post on the site that shall not be named, because I said that family was absolutely beaming over catching that big fish and they were within their rights to keep it, and they enjoyed all facets of the sport - catch, prepare and eat! The eternal debate over C&R versus enjoyment of eating the big one continues!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is why i hate the internet.

Do you REALLY think this?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
This is why i hate the internet.

Do you REALLY think this?
The timing was suspicious... But whatever. I ain't gonna delve on it. Moving on.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I got a not so nice reply to my post on the site that shall not be named, because I said that family was absolutely beaming over catching that big fish and they were within their rights to keep it, and they enjoyed all facets of the sport - catch, prepare and eat! The eternal debate over C&R versus enjoyment of eating the big one continues!
I saw the post a couple of days ago and declined to comment. It was just the usual C&R debate and a fairly clean one.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The timing was suspicious... But whatever. I ain't gonna delve on it. Moving on.
Political posts are just political posts. In the grand scheme of things I really don't care if people are republican or democrat. If people all agreed on opinions we'd be sheep.

At this point you should know I wouldn't go there with you.

I'm kinda bummed that you'd think that.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Political posts are just political posts. In the grand scheme of things I really don't care if people are republican or democrat. If people all agreed on opinions we'd be sheep.

At this point you should know I wouldn't go there with you.

I'm kinda bummed that you'd think that.
Honestly, It is hard sometimes to know what you are thinking. I say a lot of stuff tongue in cheek online, but there are certain things that won't say, just because it can be grossly misconstrued. To respond to your PM: I never suggested you were making a racial diss. I did think you posted it because they were Asian and that might get me going. In this case, I doesn't matter that they are Asian. No one brought up their race or made comments about it. It's just another C&R debate as I said previously. Anyway, let's put this behind us.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That's a tough one. I can totally see a family that gets out once in a while and probably not knowing that pike those size out of that water are rare and should go back. That's perfect eating sized between 24"-30" I will eat those all day long when taken from the mile or spinney. I have never fished that water where the family was at so I may have taken that one too. If I knew however it was a rare thing in a specific water I would let it go. We have a lake like that in C/S where there are a few monster pike and they should be released but you guys already know the rest of the deal on C&R, C&K, and selective harvest...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Looks like a very innocent and fun loving casual/ beginner family to me. I have a hard time upset or disgracing them for what they did. They are unaware about why releasing these big fish is the right thing to do. I hope the experience and reactions from others educates them on why those big ones are special and should be released
Now if they were someone that knows alot more about fishing and has the capicity to kill over and over again, I do get upset and veiw them as a disgrace to the fishery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts