Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everything you wanted to know about a possible ramp closure at Pueblo and probably more. Talked to Doug the park ranger today so here goes-

The north ramp will close if the water level gets to 4888.3, it is currently at 4885.6 and rising about a foot every ten days. On March 15 they will start to release water for the Bessemer ditch but the big drawdown will not start until April 15. How much water they release for the Bessemer ditch will depend on the farmers that use the ditch-if we have dry weather they will release more, if we have wet weather they will release less.

Its gonna be close.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
DAMN! lame. I sure hope it stays open. I'm looking forward to my early spring swim.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don 't have much interest in fishing up there-if it does close I'll just go to Brush Hollow-a lake I know you love. :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I once ice fished Cherry Creek and it felt so wrong to go north to the metro area to fish. Very counterintuitive. Not to mention noisy next to 225.

With that said I sure wish the Springs had a decent pond nearby (as in closer than Pueblo).

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
Whatever guys. We usually get limits of nice walleyes every time on the Crack. Its 35 minutes from home. Not to mention 12 minutes from work!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Whatever guys. We usually get limits of nice walleyes every time on the Crack. Its 35 minutes from home. Not to mention 12 minutes from work!
I'm sure the Crack is a fine lake based on all your success there. For me it's more of a mindset than anything else. Still, I may have to vamp it one night soon. A data set of one often leads to wrong conclusions. :D

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As of today Pueblo was 4886.7 so looks like it gonna be okay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts